Pricing for used GEM cars?

I’m thinking of selling my 1999 GEM car, but I don’t know how to determine it’s value. I checked Kelly Blue Book and NADA guides, but I couldn’t find an GEM category anywhere.

Any suggestions?

I’m not trying to be rude… I think the answer is what the market will bare… questions to ask are… how much do YOU want… are there lots of GEMs where you are… what are they selling for… is yours better or worse than what you see around you or even on eBay & Craigslist in other areas… how bad do you want to sell it… does it need mechanical work done… how old are the batteries… tires… extras on the car… if you’re in a place like Phoenix or Fla where they are all around you’ll probably ask less… if your are in CO where people think you are driving a Smart Car or just what is that thing… you might get top dollar… if someone sees a real need… I like this site for making notes before buying… it works for selling as well…

LincolNEV: Buying A Pre-Owned GEM

Bob

I just saw a used 2005 gem with no doors, worn seats and a faded color for $8800! We got ours for $6000 about three years ago, so they hold their value!

2005 Gem Car OTHER, Used Cars For Sale - Carsforsale.com

an '05 for $8000… I think it would need to be really clean and at least have doors… I’d probably sell mine at that price but with all I’ve done to mine I’d be breaking even… you can almost get into a new '12 e2 for $8000… again it’s what the market will bere and what someone will pay…

Bob

I think you are right on that. If you don’t want to drive a thousand miles with a trailer, you have to be content to buy what there is around you. It seems like GEM cars have a service system now that Polaris bought them. We have 2 dealers in our state, so it’s the NEV to get. I know you can find them used for a lot less that this guy thinks he can get.

let’s get back to NAU’s question if he/she is still reading our posts…

1. what car do you have…
  2. where are you…
  3. how many miles…
    4.when were your batteries last replaced and at what mileage…
  4. what condition is the car in… paint look good… body cracked or scratched… tries… good or bad…
  5. any add ons…
  6. are there other cars in your area…

have you looked at Craigslist or eBay to see what is for sale around you

do you have a dealer close

have you looked at other cars like yours listed for sale in any area… you can take their pricing and add or subtract from that…

finally how much do [U][B]you [/B][/U]want for the car… tell us… think we’ll be fair with our answers

Bob

[QUOTE=NAUgrad2005;9336]I’m thinking of selling my 1999 GEM car, but I don’t know how to determine it’s value. I checked Kelly Blue Book and NADA guides, but I couldn’t find an GEM category anywhere.

Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

2005 gem car e4 low mileage new batteries