Power surge at house that damaged allot of items GEM was one of them

We had a huge power surge due to a lightening strike. We lost most of our appliances, computers, HVAC and i just noticed my GEM E4 no longer runs. Nothing when key is turned on. Removed all the batteries and had them tested all are still good.

Seems like the controller / charger is out.

2009 E4

Anyone have a price for a replacement controller, charger and possibly motor? Its all under my HO policy since it was plugged in, inside my garage…Need new component prices and wher eto order them from for the INS estimate

There’s a 2010 I can get for 2000 with dead batteries that I’m willing to drag home, very close by. I know everything works and I want the carcass and title to build a ac 4x4 gem. Interested?

And sorry about all that, glad no one was hurt!:sunglasses:

Seems like a match made in heaven!!!
Please keep us updated on the 4x4 ac conversion!

Sorry to hear about the damage. I’ve always been afraid it that happening to me and have been considering a surge protector on my circuit breaker box.

I’m in the market for a 7hp motor or at least the end of the motor case if either of you guys are looking to sell one, doesn’t have to work.

Derrick

i am interested… lets talk next week

Maybe I’m inexperienced in the matter of lightning hitting a house, but I can’t imagine it taking out the controller and the motor. Charger sure. Did you have all those things tested? The smell test?

Are you in N Texas? We had the craziest electrical storm ever a few days ago.

Did you check the main car fuse at the input to the contactor?

Spicewood, Between Austin and Marble Falls. Our storm went straight to you

@ DIY, 99% sure the controller and charger are toast, not sure about motor, cant test without repairing the others.

email me at michael@rmcustomhomes.com