Polaris gem or Greenland ev?

Hi all.
I’ve searched and can’t find any link to my query, so I am excited to find like minded folk on this forum.
I recently bought what looks like a gem elxd, but the plate inside says it is a GLe 2t, made in china.

I was hoping someone much cleverer than I might be able to tell me if I have a gem, a copy, or a random Greenland ev that doesn’t have any forum discussing it anywhere!

I have attached pics of the controller, motor, plate and the actual ev.

Does anyone have a gem with a Greenland plate? Can anyone confirm this is a gem with the same motor and controller etc?

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated, I’m determined to get this baby running and am heartened to see all your success stories.

Sorry this is NOT a GEM and has nothing in common. ope you didn’t pay much.

I suspected so, but they are very similar. This one is proving difficult to find much mention of, but after my youtube wormhole of GEMs, down to door and frame shape, hinges, dimensions, the structure of the seat and motor compartment, steel tubing, and all sorts of details, it looks like quite a close copy. It might be possible that with some GEM parts, I could repair this and make a hybrid. Have you seen any of these GLe copies in the U.S. or elsewhere?
https://www.ecochina.ru/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=34&products_id=109
I’m not sure my pictures do it justice and I couldn’t post them here but I’ve had them side-by-side and compared, is it just me that sees them as almost identical?

I’ve seen these pop up from time to time. People usually think they have found the mother of all deals but are soon disappointed.

Are you speaking about Chinese made tools from Harbor Freight? :joy:

1 Like