Battery options in new e2

Hi — I’m so happy I found this site. I’m new to GEM Vehicles and trying to figure out my best options for getting an e2. Ultimately, I’d like to customize it as there are a couple in the ski town I live in that just look cool with a lift kit. Based on what I’ve read, it seems like spending a little extra on a newer model is the way to go. If I do order a new one, is there a particular battery that I should get (short of the lithium one), that is easy to upgrade to the lithium batteries you sell? The extended range gel seems to be only a couple hundred more than the lower level battery. Should i do that, or just get the lowest level available? Also, do any of them have 2-wheel drive? The one on sale locally seems to struggle making it up the hill when it snows bc it’s only 1-wheel drive. Thanks! Anthony.

Will a truck work?
Look at the Gem EM-1400 rear wheel drive. I have two and is my favorite vehicle.
Not cool I know, but a Gem is helpless in snow.
I also have Polaris ranger evs that are 4wd.
Let’s share with the forum…

@Old_Houseboater
Know of any limited slip option for a spicer conversion?

1 Like

Hmmm

Interesting question, Running around sandy humps I could also use one. Not that I know of but I’m going to look further. When DANA built these they had a lot of available variations. Get back to you if I find anything.

2 Likes

I don’t mind the truck. I’m assuming there’s a way to convert the cargo bed to seats of some sort? Kind of how the e2’s have been given flip seats?

See what they have on the Polaris site. Maybe they have other bed options.