Plug problems on electric cars

I am looking to buy an electric car but I am worried about the plug. There are two main reasons why.

First, I am worried that I will forget to unplug it before I leave the house. Is this a common mistake? Any way to avoid it?

Second, I have kids and I am worried about them running around and tripping over the plug, thus ruining the plug and hurting themselves. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Thank you for the feedback and advice.

[QUOTE=millertime;6785]I am looking to buy an electric car but I am worried about the plug. There are two main reasons why.

First, I am worried that I will forget to unplug it before I leave the house. Is this a common mistake? Any way to avoid it?

Second, I have kids and I am worried about them running around and tripping over the plug, thus ruining the plug and hurting themselves. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Thank you for the feedback and advice.[/QUOTE]

1. An interlock will prevent driving away while plugged in, 2. or you can place the cord on the driver side.
    There are several options for the cord. 1. place a cord duct or guide that secures cord to the floor. 2. locate the cord away from the side of the car people will be walking at, unfortunately this eliminates option 2 above.

Yeah, just leave the cord in plain sight so you see it every time you leave… problem solved there. Secondly, get an extension cord if it’s in the air liable to trip someone… if not, you have the same issues with everything else in your house, at least when they are in the garage you should be able to see them most of the time… if you let them not get out of the house.