Picture of hood latch

I was wondering if anyone that owns a 2000 older Gem could post a close up picture of their hood latches? Mine is just attached with2 bolts, which I’m guessing is not correct.

Thanks,
Jeff

Hey Jeff,
Don’t know why someone hasn’t replied to you yet, but hang in there, sometimes its slow here. I have an 05 so I don’t know if its the same or not, perhaps someone with more knowledge than me can help.

Hi Jeff

Is this link any good to you:-

https://www.scribd.com/doc/100191925/GEM-Parts-1999-2004

Regards,

Mark

Jeff, go to page 26, that’s the hood latch you should have.

Mark thanks for the link

Bob

My pleasure Bob.

Regards,

Mark

Sorry for the delay, I was out of town and this wouldn’t open on my ipad. Thanks for the link but that is for the new hood. The older hood has 2 attachment points.

Thanks,
Jeff

[quote=Jsrrags;22429]Sorry for the delay, I was out of town and this wouldn’t open on my ipad. Thanks for the link but that is for the new hood. The older hood has 2 attachment points.

Thanks,
Jeff[/quote]

Jeff, are you referring to the bottom of the hood where its attached to the hinges or at the top where it latches? It should only have one latch point.

Piper, I’m talking about the top attachment points. There is not one on older models. Does no one have a 1998-2000 Gem?

Sorry Jeff, wish I could be more helpful. as far as I know they are all the same. Exactly what year is yours? If yours is different, my guess is somebody modified it. Unless somebody else here can answer your question my guess is to contact GEM directly.