Pics of Battery Hold Down Hardware?

Hello All,

New user checking in. 2002 E825. Bought at auction, replaced batteries…The issue is that the previous owner removed all of the battery hold down equipment and threw it in a box. I’m trying to figure out how it goes back together. Can someone please snap a few pics of their battery compartments so I can try and figure out how to reassemble the hardware?

Regards,
Paul
Indian Rocks Beach, FL

The front two batteries have a stair stepped shaped hold down that works well. On my 02 e825, the rear bar type hold down never worked, always had at least one battery loose.

Figuring loose batteries will fail faster, I found this stainless steel band clamp kits.

Pretty easy to thread around frame and battery but learned (I believe Dave on this forum warned me) SS isn’t always acid resistant. So I re threaded thru 1 inch clear tigon tubing, that seems to have solved the issue, batteries are tight. Used a long extension, a universal and a deep socket with a drill to tighten up since lots of turns required to tighten.

Corrosion is a big issue with flooded lead acid. Need to always suspect and inspect.

Thank you, RD. I kinda sorta figured out the rear mounting system on my own but was stuck on the front until your post.

R,
Paul

Thought about something. I have sealed batteries; you said that corrosion will be an issue with FLA batteries. I imagine that sealed batteries will still have and issue with corrosion. Is this correct?

Thank you again.

I have my 2002 e825 taken apart right now so it was easy to take pictures of my hold-down’s. If you need something more specific let me know. Here is the front and back.

Jon

Thanks Jon. Those look a lot different than me. It appears that I have 1x1 wood. Who knows what the previous owner did. Yours looks a bit better than mine…

I think I got it figured out though. I appreciate the response.

Paul

I don’t think sealed have as much a problem as FLA since fewer fumes however corrosion at all the connectors can be an issue.

Here’s a CU of the right two rear batteries with clamps before I added clear tubing protection.