On road insurance

I own a 2002 e825 Gem car . Want to register it for local road driving in 35 mile per hour areas .Does anyone know of an Insurance company in NYState that will insure for on road?

Im in Florida but had to add it as an additional vehicle to my regular auto policy. Its not golf cart insurance, its just like adding another car.

American reliable insurance (through luvello insurance company I think) $142 full coverage. Progressive supposedly does also but it’s more expensive, also State Farm had it a few years ago. Where in ny are you?

Thanks for input. I live in outskirts of Syracuse NY. Current Insurance agent has learned a lot about insuring the difference between golf carts and Gem cars for on road and off road. Progressive won’t insure for off road and friends have theirs insured through state farm, but have home and other autos there. State farm use to insure our home and cars but rates got out of control. We are with Met Life now and they won’t insure Gem car for road use either. Have Foremost but found out it was for only off road. You would think the insurance agencies would have this all straightened out and know what the’re doing by now! Gem cars have been around for quite a few years

Call affordable mclaughlin kehoe insurance (315) 786-8110. That’s the Watertown office that just insured mine and they also have an office in east Syracuse

Derrick thanks again for the info.One last question .Do you have other items insured with them and is the insurance for registering and driving on the roads with 35 mile speed limits?

I do but on separate policies, my GEM is on a separate policy. These vehicles are not allowed to driven on roads posted above 35mph (federal regulations for lsv’s) so I wouldn’t be surprised if an insurance company said they wouldn’t cover you for breaking the law, but I’ve never heard of them specifically excluding that.

Your absolutely right only can be driven on roads with ,mph 35 or less.Is that what your insured for with your gem car.As I"m looking for an insurance company that will insure my gem so I can register it and drive it on the streets of the village I live in?

I’m not really sure. I just got the policy, Insurance ID cards and took them to the DMV and got plates and registration. They gave me no probems.