Odometer reading

My Think’s odometer was working it’s way up and when it hit 999 miles and then turned over to 00000 and started a 1 again. The guy I bought it from had it for 5 years and said he only put 450/500 miles on it…Any ideas???

Dave

This is a known concern and I haven’t heard of a fix. You could reach out to Scott Taylor at Electron in Motion and see if he knows of a fix. He is also a member here so you could try messaging him. Let us know what you come up with.

Sent an email to Scott Taylor describing my problem. Just waiting for a reply from him. Thank you for the suggestion…

Dave

1 Like

Same thing happens to me. I Have rolled over the odometer about 6 or 7 times and just ignore it. 3rd set of tires, 4th set of batteries, 2nd set of brake slave cylinders, 2nd set of shocks, 2nd set of front bearings) Have had the Think since it was new.

1 Like

I talked to Scott Taylor and he said there is no known repair for my problem. Told me to just drive it and not worry about it. He mentioned that there is most likely NO think car that has the correct mileage showing do to cluster replacement or my problem… He sure knows a lot about think cars…

Thank you
Dave

1 Like

It’s weird that not all Thinks do it so there must be a way to fix them. My first Think read over 1400 miles and when I disconnected the batteries for a few weeks and hooked them back up the odometer read just over 500. It was very strange but once it got to 1000 it just kept on going. My second Think did the same thing as yours, as soon as it hit 1000 it went back to 0. I’m thinking the problem would probably be with the EEPROM chip. When I get time I will install a new one and see what happens.