No charging!

When plugged in the charger does nothing. Checked power at outlet, at charge port, and at charger, Nothing! Checked fuse in charger with DVOM, tests good, where to go next???

First, tell us what year GEM you have and what brand charger is installed. If you can’t find the year, write down the serial number and call the GEM factory. Is there any indication at all such as a flashing light? Did you notice anything unusual such as strange sounds or smells prior to failure? Depending on what year you have, the charger is located in different places.

Daniel

[QUOTE=GEMmechanic;9717]First, tell us what year GEM you have and what brand charger is installed. If you can’t find the year, write down the serial number and call the GEM factory. Is there any indication at all such as a flashing light? Did you notice anything unusual such as strange sounds or smells prior to failure? Depending on what year you have, the charger is located in different places.

Daniel[/QUOTE]

It is a 2002 GEM e825 with the long utility bed, with a zivian charger and 6 new batteries installed in august. These would be deep cell RV marine type batteries from interstate. There was no strange sounds or smells, also no warning or flashing lights. Currently the indicator light for the charger does not come on at all when plugged in. Prior to the current condition everything was working fine. When last plugged in the batteries were at 48%.

Thanks Mike

There should be two fuses inside the charger. One small fuse for line voltage and a larger fuse for DC voltage. These are available and a member of this forum has posted to information. You should also the the interlock wiring. This is where the small red and green wires attach to the top of the charger. These wires power a relay that prevents the car from being driven with the charger on. If this relay sticks in the “drive” position and won’t release to the “charge” position, the charger will do nothing. The cost for Zivan to repair and update the charger is about $200. I would suggest that you charge your batteries one at a time with an automotive charger so that they are not damaged by sitting prolonged while discharged.

Daniel

2002 Gem E25. Same problem. Batteries all over 12v together they show 72v, but when I plug charger in nothing. It was working fine until I plugged charger in for only a few minutes as I had an emergency use. When I plugged back in, nothing. I recharged each individual battery, changed one that has a corroded terminal. All small fusses are good in fuse box. 120v plug is good. I tried pushing in relay on right side that does nothing either. Just nothing when plugged in, no lights, no noise. yet the vehicle runs great and everything works, save the charger. Where would I locate fuses on charger? could that be it?