New With Questions

I am new here. I am looking for specific information for my plan. I have some basic knowledge of a conversion from hours and hours of searching for what I am looking for. I have been scouring the internet to find a motor similar to what Tesla uses. 295 lbs-ft of torque and 288 horsepower and weighs 70 lbs. I have contacted a several companies companies directly. most won’t reply. The one that did called me and they tell me a motor like that would be the size of a minivan. But they dont know what they are using in cars and they sell motors for industrial purposes only.

I think I have found a good source of help. I am writing because I need to go to bed shortly. I see people converting vehicles to electric and sites selling parts. The problem is they all list motors with less power and are disappointed in the results on the highway. I think this will be a helpful site if I scour the forums. Like I said I am going to bed but at least I am happy to find a place that could be very helpful.

Any ideas where I can find a motor like tesla uses? It doesnt have to be that powerful. 50HP is not what I am looking for. Once I find a proper motor I will then be able to design everything else around it.

[QUOTE=hazz;9004]I am new here. I am looking for specific information for my plan. I have some basic knowledge of a conversion from hours and hours of searching for what I am looking for. I have been scouring the internet to find a motor similar to what Tesla uses. 295 lbs-ft of torque and 288 horsepower and weighs 70 lbs. I have contacted a several companies companies directly. most won’t reply. The one that did called me and they tell me a motor like that would be the size of a minivan. But they dont know what they are using in cars and they sell motors for industrial purposes only.

I think I have found a good source of help. I am writing because I need to go to bed shortly. I see people converting vehicles to electric and sites selling parts. The problem is they all list motors with less power and are disappointed in the results on the highway. I think this will be a helpful site if I scour the forums. Like I said I am going to bed but at least I am happy to find a place that could be very helpful.

Any ideas where I can find a motor like tesla uses? It doesnt have to be that powerful. 50HP is not what I am looking for. Once I find a proper motor I will then be able to design everything else around it.[/QUOTE]

Dont know if this will help but it does give some specs on the motor
HowStuffWorks “Tesla Roadster Motor and Other Features”

[QUOTE=Execelon1;9010]Dont know if this will help but it does give some specs on the motor
HowStuffWorks “Tesla Roadster Motor and Other Features”[/QUOTE]

electric car parts conversion motor warp impulse netgain series DC

[QUOTE=Execelon1;9010]Dont know if this will help but it does give some specs on the motor
HowStuffWorks “Tesla Roadster Motor and Other Features”[/QUOTE]

No offense? Yeah I read that before. Both of them! As you mention the specs on the tesla motor. I stated in my post. You did send the link of equating volts, watts, HP, batteries, and motors. Oh yeah and how crazy my other idea may be if i wanted to add a generator.

i will be honest this page of info is great, however flawed. But I can buy a 35 HP motor when I am asking for a much larger out put. The equations say i can get more HP which equals torque with more wattage or amps.
They also say do not do this.

Their math also doesnt add up to the tesla motor.

Tesla motor
-the battery is up to 400 volts and weighs 900lbs
-500-600 amps at full throtle
-200kw power consumption at full throttle
-250 mile range
295 ft/lb of torque

With that info the calculations are wrong

This is the the info from the newer telsla 1 speed roadster.

Hazz
Have you checked with AC Propulsion? AC Propulsion | Creating electric vehicles that people want to drive
As for adding a generator, that is not a crazy ideal. I built a hybrid electric conversion for a motorcycle.It was a challange to my talents being I’m not an engineer. go here to view Alan Clayton’s 1987 Suzuki LS650 Savage