New Wheels

well I found me some wheels on craigslist… they are 17 x 8 in the front and 17 x 9.5 in the rear…this thing looks mean and like a ZO6 with the super fat tires on the rear…I can run a steady 40mph with the new wheels and have hit a max of 45mph … I have a gear change to 6.1 to 1…I will up load some pics in a little while …

Hi Nosgsxr

I wonder if you could perhaps post a picture of your vehicle so that we can see exactly what it looks like?

I will I was trying to get them up loaded

It will be interesting to see what kind of vehicle you have :slight_smile:

sorry guys im having trouble getting the pics to up load but still working on it…o yea i have a 2009 Es…its a beast :wink:

lets try this

sorry if the pics are big…but you need big pics to host the big wheels…lol:high5::high5:

the only mod i had to do was trim the front driver side about a 1/2 inch at the rear of the fender both inside and outside…on the rear i had to ziptie my brake cable out of the way (it was rubbing on the rim)…the passenger side front didnt have to be trimed at all…not sure whats up with that but it didnt…i was able to hold 40/41mph with out any probems and had a max speed of 45mph…the only mods i have are the 6.1 to 1 gears and the larger wheels…i will soon be looking to get the larger motor and a reprograming…

That is one big set of wheels lol Your very own chariot :slight_smile:

How does it drive?

It actually drives alot better. A little stiffer ride but I haven’t checked the tire pressure on them yet …

Were the tyres expensive?

Nosgsxr nice find… those tires and wheels look great… this year I’m attending car shows with my car… as I look at the tires on the cars around me that the owners have ‘tubbed’ the trunks to accommodate the extra wide tires… I look at my car and wonder what it would look like with a real wide tire… I have found that the tires I have now do create a lot of splash…be prepared to get wet or get doors…

my car at last weeks show https://www.facebook.com/pages/CoolRidesColoradocom/219602411406041

Bob

[QUOTE=Editor;15166]Were the tyres expensive?[/QUOTE]

the dude wanted 500 for them but i was able to talk him down to 350.00…then i had to spend 16.00 for the lug nuts…the tires and rims only have 3000 miles on them… on my lil car they should last longer than the car…lol

[QUOTE=eS GEM Colo;15168]Nosgsxr nice find… those tires and wheels look great… this year I’m attending car shows with my car… as I look at the tires on the cars around me that the owners have ‘tubbed’ the trunks to accommodate the extra wide tires… I look at my car and wonder what it would look like with a real wide tire… I have found that the tires I have now do create a lot of splash…be prepared to get wet or get doors…

my car at last weeks show https://www.facebook.com/pages/CoolRidesColoradocom/219602411406041

Bob[/QUOTE]

Thanks …i try not ride mine in bad weather …i would like to find some fender flars for the front but i may have to make a set…my car will mostly be used at the lake to sport around and take all the gear to the boat from the cabin…i will try and get some better pics with the sun out and it all cleaned up …now i gonna start working on the new sterring wheel and the sound system…

I’m not so smart as to leave mine parked… yesterday I thought I had a chance to make it to the grocery store and back before we got snow… no such luck… got into spitting snow about half way there… and when I came out my car was a snow car and it was reallt snowing… a brush off and I was on the way home and back to the garage… where it will stay for a couple of days as we have a few of inches on snow on the ground today

Bob

well here in Arkansas we dont get much snow …but the rain is killer… but as long as its warm i will be good and hope it stays nice for a GEM Car ride…like i said its going to mostly be used for around the lake and around the house.

now to get the new sterring wheel on and the tunes going.

It would be great to hear about your adventures with your cars, especially the shows you plan to visit.

before I post the car show… here is my car after the trip to the grocery store… the show photos… the photos of my car is in the group taken by Jeff Timmins #7
CoolRidesColorado.com Car Show Gallery