Another nubie

Hey everyone,
I live in central Florida, retired and I just purchased a 2005 GEM es. as a project car.
After getting a set of new batteries, :rolleyes: plans are to replace motor with 8.5hp and install 14" wheels for starters.

Hi Piper247

I would be very interested to hear how you project progresses - would you mind posting updates?

Regards,

Mark

[quote=EvForum;22380]Hi Piper247

I would be very interested to hear how you project progresses - would you mind posting updates?

Regards,

Mark[/quote]

Hey Mark,
Well its a long story…
I started with an 05 short bed truckett, the eS. it didn’t run and had been left out in the weather. First thing was new Trojan T1275 batteries. Still no joy…
Next I ended up putting in a new and improved dc converter, and we had lift off! Then the Battery charger failed, so new super charger from “Ride 4 fun”. in the mean time I got a good deal on a light bar for the top and installed that. Then being the cheep #$@%*&! that I am, I search for a deal on a set of tires and wheels that would enhance my ride. Found a nice set of aluminum 5 spoke 16" wheels with bran new 205/55/16 tires from a Saturn that fit fine, but a little tight on big bumps. Then finally my seat was done at the upholstery shop. My final step is the front end. Like a lot of GEM’s on mine the clear coat was de-laminating, so I took it to my body shop guy for a do over. should be done next Friday. I will have a grand total of $4850 invested including the initial price for the car.
If you are on face book, you can join the GEM car group and see photos I’ve posted as work progressed.
Cheers, and good luck with yours!
John

Hey Mark,
I just realized who you are. When I first read your reply to me I thought you were a new guy interested in what all I did to my car and that’s why I replied as I did. Sorry for the confusion.
John