New to Me 2018 e4... having issues

Broad brush there bucky…

Byron, Ernie and I is am are disappoint in you…

2 Likes

Lol, I think I saw it listed in craigslist CA but Lowballed him too much :slightly_smiling_face:

I manually updated the charging profile to 71. I wasn’t planning on my lithium journey beginning this soon lol. Hopefully these batteries will last a bit longer.

I’m in Texas and bought it outside of Austin.

If that is all you have in the list I guess that’ll have to do.
Monitor your batteries closely. Know that these batteries are probably being worked hard both on charging and discharging.

Expect to have less range than normal, stop driving when the first one gets down to 12v.
Knowing when that happens is the tricky part. If you can get these to stay balanced you can just monitor total pack V and be home by 48v.

1 Like

As soon as you connect it, BMC might change it back to 28. Check that and confirm if it’s still in 71

2 Likes

I’ll get a battery charger and work on balancing the batteries. Just bought a small voltage meter I’m planning on putting somewhere in the dash.

The profile jumped back to 28. Is there anything I can do to make it stay at the new 71 profile?

Run the vin in Polaris website and check if it originally came with AGMs. Polaris calls it Distance package.

Only Dealers/someone with Dealer software access can flash the bmc

1 Like

Looked up the VIN on Polaris website and it came with AGMs.

If I replace the four existing batteries with four Deka 8GGC2 Gel or four 224Ah Leoch AGM would that get me where I need to be for a while?

Not sure if it matters, but I’m planning on these rims with 1.5” spacers and maybe a Ride-4-Fun Speed Kit I in the distant future.

I did a Speed limit removal and and Lithium upgrade in a 2022 Gem, the owner is looking to sell the oem Batteries. they have only 200 miles, if you’re interested lmk.
Also @LithiumGods was selling a small Samsung SDI lithium pack he built for testing nice option to get lithium under $2k

Regarding Gears, I wouldn’t recommend changing gears if you live in a hilly area.
We do a controller swap for 35mph. With stock motor and stock gearbox.

1 Like

You will likely need 2" spacers on the back- 1.5" on the front.
There are lots of threads on this forum about it.

Here is one:

2 Likes

I have 30 mile lithium batteries available for $1850.

2 Likes