New Chevy Spark Project - 09e2

I thought I would bring everyone up to speed on a current project. I purchased a 2009e2 and today I installed a 2012 28s (2.65 max per cell/102 max voltage/ 60ah) Chevy Spark battery.
I am still waiting on the BMS to arrive but all the cells are very close right now so I went ahead and did a test install.
I built some supports to place along the length of the battery and lay it on its side, slid in from the back and it is a perfect fit. Very clean install really.
My Delta Q with #177 profile charges it to 99V - perfect.
I have installed David’s 15v spoof and MM

This thing runs AWESOME - hitting 37mph on a flat with stock 12" wheels and tires. No issues at all, did some runs and appear to be getting great mileage even on hills, more info on that to come.

Just thought I would share.

1 Like

Looks good. I wondered what the pre 2016 spark looked like.
Lifepo4? 3.65v per cell.
28s life cells makes a nice performance upgrade.
Do you have an extra module for someone?

It comes in a 28s pack like that? How nice is that!

Found them at a local battery company here in town. To me they seem to be the perfect pack for a hotrod. You would likely want two of them for an e4 just for the Ah, and they would fit, one in from the back and one at a slant like you did the Bolt install. -

Yes 3.65 max per cell. I have three more that I can get if needed. Two might be spoken for after todays testing. LOL

That’s an awesome project. Looks complicated though.

@blueskies84
Actually, it is quite uncomplicated compared to hooking up four Volt batteries or even more Leaf batteries. One positive connection, one negative connection - you are done.

1 Like