Need some help with Curtis ET 134 and SPM 72400

Hi!

I have a question that is going to get quite long winded, I hope y’all have the time to help me out.

Ok, so I am putting an electric motor in my boat to be used in the no wake zones.

Specs;
Alltrax SPM 72400 motor controller.
Curtis ET 134 throttle.
6x 12v Dual AGM Deep Cycle batteries, 70ah.
Albright Reversing and Main contactor
400amp Fuse
ME 1003 Motor

I have wired the curtis throtte using this URL TAKEN DOWN manal, the last diagram, Making one small change. I have pin 1+7 wired up to battery 1 negative and pin 2 to battery 2 positive. This is to give me 24v (the throttle is 24-48v). When I connected them to B- I got 72v from the ‘‘To system wiring’’

Now the SPM turns on, but I have the following issues with it.

The Main contactor does not engage, but I get 55v at the controller terminals. I’m guessing that it because of the precharge resistor? This then gives me an undervoltage error, I corrected that with the software, lowering the undervoltage limit to 50v.

If I engage the contactor manually, I am able to get 74v at the terminals and the controllers LED lights up with 3 green flashes, indicating a 0-5v throttle. Problem is that if I try to move the throttle I get 2 green and 3 red, High Throttle Over Voltage. When I try use the multimeter on the voltage output on the throttle I get 0-5v (0,01-4.98v) But if I try a at the controller, positive to the plug and negative on the high throttle pin I see 25.2v.! I get the same result if I put the negative prod on the B- on the controller. The throttle indicator within the alltrax software sees 0% throttle when it not moved, but jumps to 100% right away.

BTW, the throttle and reversing contactor get kind of hot. But again, everyting is wired acording to the literature(except for the ones going to B-)

Is there anyone out there who knows how to fix this?

Thanks!

TheBorgli