Need some battery build advice, please

Strictly in the R&D stage right now found a source for 3.2v 310ah cells. 24 cells will give me 76.8 volts for my 01 E2. I’m kinda misty on a BMS. The one I’m leaning towards is 200amp continuous with 450amp peak with blue tooth. I am wondering if the 450 peak is enough. Also from what I’ve been reading I get the impression that the AGM setting on my charger is compatible with lithium iron batteries did I misunderstand. My zivan was upgraded with a selector switch by El Con and the four settings are AGM, GEL, LOW FLOODED, and HIGH FLOODED. Any advice or warnings would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

LiFePO’s ?

Friends dont let friends drive LFPs…

Yes, LI Fe po4. Seems to be the most plentiful… still looking for a source for LION.

Where are you located?

Cody, WY untill Oct 2, then going to Yuma, AZ for the winter

I would like to talk to you about the Orion BMS.

John. 702 449 5434. I have an 01 825/2 gem

Here ya go . Should be a perfect fit upfront. Diy for $100/kwh.

Only 19" long. A full 5" shorter than our best selling sdi-22 battery. ~Twice the ah.
14" wide and 5" tall stacked only 10" tall.

@AssyRequired opinion?

Ok… If I understand correctly… Two 10s 36v modules in series will cost me 1,350 dollars, plus shipping, plus cost of modifying my zivan will give me roughly a 50 mile range lion battery? Both will fit under the “hood” leaving the space under seat empty. What is the warranty on the packs?

You will be the first fitting them up front, but there is a similar build on here putting two Bolt modules up front. I’ll look it up for reference.
The Zivan or any 72v charger will work as is.
Batteries are ev quality from new 2024 test Hyundai Kona. Post recall.
I will personally warranty them for a year. Replace or refund if used with a JK 200a bms. Recommended!

@grantwest Do you have the Bolt battery size? To compare. I’m quite sure my new batteries are similar or smaller.

Under the seat is ok… The only reason I mentioned it is because you said: “should be a perfect fit upfront”. JK seems to be a good BMS, so that is not a problem for me . I’ll mull this over a bit and let you know. Oh, any idea what ballpark shipping cost might be to Yuma, Arizona. Thanks

Front is better for 2002 weight distribution.
$200 flat rate.

Easy bms connection. I have marked and milled access

Double m6 main terminals.

Note:
Exposed groups of 3 bolts are for brackets. No electrical connection.

Hey Dave: not sure what you’re asking for. I don’t have anymore Bolt battery’s. So I’m not sure of size.

I hoped you might have a stored picture with dimensions. I could not find one. Iirc 20s was 38-40" wide.

Try contacting “Tyson” he was the guy who did the Bolt battery on his classic Gem. I’m sure he would help ya with getting some fresh measurments

1 Like

This is Tyson he is the one that did the install

Wow… that’s impressive looking!