Need QuiQ programmer CT to upload algo 359

Recently I locally bought a 2018 GEM E4 that needs some work. It has the original AGM battery pack. But I got a really good deal on a set of 8 6 volt MK gel batteries. I intend on removing the battery tray and extending the depth to accomodate the new battery pack change. But I will need to change my algo. I contacted Delta Q who said that I need to change the algorithm to 359, which is not on the list of algorithms on my current charger. (912-4854-05B serial # DQDB481721102912) Any one out there with a QuiQ programmer CT programmer that can reprogram my charger? I would pay shipping both ways. Message me. thanks

2018 polaris uses an onboard bms. Changing DQ profile may or may not help.
Polaris most likely will not help.
@djgabriel2004 is the “new Gem” Guru here.

You will need to Flash the gem BMS.
The software used by the dealers has the 8 batteries (part number 4019876) as one of the options.

I haven’t tested it since I went lithium with my own charger.

Well so much for an easy upgrade. Already have the batteries. :grimacing: I purchased a digital wrench set up off Ebay a few years ago. But other than reading the ECM, I couldn’t do anything because I did not have a dealer code. So I sold it. Around Seal Beach the guy that does this is mobile. Dealership does not have the diagnostic tool. No other solution?

Crap, I have dealer coded sw. And no hardware. Not available. Any ideas?

I think you can make it work like we do the lithium upgrades.
You can jumper, the bms plug or relay contacts from charger, and bms will no longer control charging.
As you know from reading the forum. I love lithium.

188ah Samsung SDI battery for 2016+ Gems.

2 Likes

So I was able to order the Hardware using a previous dealer’s name. I can’t remember the company. It cost new $450-500. Its almost worth getting again since the mobile Polaris guy will be running me $300. Let me do some digging. I think it required the computer to have a serial port though.

I just wanted to do a simple upgrade and resell this 2018 GEM. I bought it for the EPS option. (to swap out with my GEM) :wink:

you might need DW as well to enable the EPS.

Before you put more time and $$$ into it… tell me more about the car? Could be a good lithium, high voltage candidate. How much you want for it? Pictures?

All the stuff you’re adding to it would be things that would probably get ripped out anyway like the mk gel batteries, charger, etc.

3 Likes

I have a 2002 Ford Think. I have been lucky to have owned since it was brand new. I have upgraded it with a a new motor, current charger. It has fairly new batteries ( about 10 miles or so on a charge). new front disc brakes. Love them. I replaced the rear drive shafts and in the process replace the rear differential. (issues with pulling out the old drive shafts.) All in all, with 20+ years of ownership I am happy with my Think. I am thinking about having it painted and reupholstered. If anyone one has a person around Los Angeles who can do that around the los Angeles area let me know.