Need help.. any ideas

I drive my GEM almost every day… I would like to add more lights to show that I’m making a turn… the NY law said that GEMs had to have a pair of lights in the grill area… that was in 08 and I was able to get a part number from a NY dealer… but he said that it has been discontinued… anyone know of a parts house or ? … it seems the light was a truck tail light with an amber cover… I guess I could always just look for something like a trailer marker at a Pep Boys… Walmart… truck stop or parts house

Bob

Post a picture on here and look for a part number on the lamp itself.

Daniel

[QUOTE=GEMmechanic;11217]Post a picture on here and look for a part number on the lamp itself.

Daniel[/QUOTE]

Daniel I found the part numbers… on pg 12B… of the link below… I don’t know how to post a PDF

http://gemcarpartsdirect.com/partsmanual/2008/body.pdf

ASSY, TURN SIGNALS - FRONT NEW YORK
ITEM PART NO. DESCRIPTION QTY.
1 0606-00145 GROMMET, RUBBER - TAIL LIGHT - UTIL BED 2
2 0152-00744 ASS, TURN SIGNAL - FRONT 2

I really doubt that there are any left on shelves of dealers… thought maybe someone on the East coast might be parting out or know of someone who is… I’m at a loss… know the base is for the truck… but need the lens as red won’t work

As bad as I hate to say it:rolleyes:…Check out E-Bay. There are some car parts there, from cars being parted out. Ron

Ron… eBay is a great source as is CL for finding GEM stuff or maybe treasures… I did find a seller on eBay that says he’s a parts house in GA… sent him an e-mail asking if he has these lights… thanks for your input

Bob

looks like the lights are still a stock item… I received this today… doesn’t mean that I wouldn’t like a set of used ones after seeing pricing but it is a GEM part…

Gem pricing the 0606-00145 grommet are $9.95 each grommet, x2 $19.90, and the
light 0152-00744 are $36.95 each light, x2 $73.90 plus $19.90 Grommets comes to
$93.80 before taxes or shipping. I will see what i found out with my friend
tomorrow on the used lights he has.

thank you all for the posts… this is what makes the board work… realli I am still looking for a used set

Bob

These are all off-the-shelf truck parts. The gasket is NAPA # 60700. For an incandescent amber lamp, use # 5060202Y3. The corresponding red tail lamp is # 5060202R3. If instead you want LED lamps, the amber lamp is # 6050A. The corresponding red tail lamp is # 6050. These lamps are all 7.5" long and 3.3" tall. You can also find all of these at any major truck dealer or truck stop.

Daniel

thanks Daniel… I’m off to a truck stop