2013 Gem Xl Hd Need all help I can get lol

I just bought a 2013 gem xl had that needs turn signal bulbs I have no idea where to find which ones I need because there were no old ones?

And do I need to register and get plates to drive this on the street?

Here’s what the shop manual says for the 2013. Once you have the light assembly out, look on the back and around the edge of the front lens for a manufacturer’s stamp, logo or number. Other than the headlights, most of the lights on the gems from that era were regular catalog items from Grote Lights or Peterson Lighting. Not uncommon to see both manufacturers on the same vehicle.

FRONT TURN INDICATOR LAMP
REPLACEMENT

1. Unlatch and open hood.
  2. Remove lock nut from light and disconnect the red and
    black wires.
  3. Replace light assembly.
  4. Reverse removal procedure to install.

REAR TURN INDICATOR LAMP
REPLACEMENT

1. Remove two screws and lens.
  2. Twist bulb counterclockwise to remove, noting type of
    bulb, and replace. (2057/2067)
  3. Reverse removal procedure to install.

Here is a parts page, that shows the original part numbers, you can also search on fleabay.

/shrug. Depends what state you live in. Probably better to check with the local DMV office.

Looks like a 3157.

do I need to register and get plates to drive this on the street?

I would think that is a question for your local road laws (which vary on your location), good nature of your local LEO(Law Enforcement Officer), and how lucky you feel.

dharry-lucky

That would be logical thing to use. Between the way they wrote the shop manual and me not zooming in on the diagram on the parts site, I thought they may have installed lights with glue/hot melt sealed housings like my 02 had.

Cool thanks that’s what I had picked up will install tomorrow