My new Gem was delivered today

Damn, - that is long - time to do some measuring…

Does M3 monitor battery temperature? My M3 battery had shop rags plugging the coolant line quick connects.:astonished:

Should I tell Tesla? No way a robot screwed up. Either hand built of funky engineering. By design they would be uniform size. These were random size micro fiber rags. Green if it matters.

If I was to run a Tesla battery, it would be on the roof for all to see. And Tesla model 3 in big letters on it.
I may do a picture if get help lifting a 250lb module. Maybe on edge for bigger lettering.

1 Like

They do monitor battery temperature (but you cannot see that data). That fluid is used for both heating and cooling the battery (winter - summer - charging).
In one of the last software updates, if you tell the car you are headed to Tesla SuperCharger a notice will pop up on the screen that states it is conditioning the battery for Supercharging. It cools or heats the cells to optimum temperature to allow the fastest charging times.
The fastest charge speed’s I have seen in my M3 is 500 miles per hour, about 350 mph on our Model S. The new battery cells have greater density and charge much faster. The new V3 Superchargers are capable of charging an M3 at 1000 miles per hour. Although there are only two or three V3 SC in the country at this point.

1 Like

Haha, perfect!

My E6 has the length to carry one underneath but there are cross braces between the frame rails every couple feet so the pack wouldn’t be able to tuck up between them without significant modification.

Congrats on your new Gem!