My “New Body GEM” 2016

its a sharp car. I can’t wait to see how fast it can go.

What do you guys think about these wheels from the white car going on to the 2016?

I saw Dustin has a few of the New Body Gems with the 5 Spoke wheels and they look good in my opinion. I figured the All Black 5 Spoke wheels on my white car are OK (I took them off my Blue 2002)

but if I had to buy wheels for the white car over again I would do the Black on White wheels like my 2013 and Mikes car.

1 Like

Some crude photoshops to help your decision. Keep in mind the swapped wheels are picking up some additional sidewall in the photo from the original tire.

I vote swap! They look much better when both gems are parked side by side.

Swap it. Those stock ones are silly.

Well scratch that Idea. The stock 2008 gem uses 4x100 the new Gem uses a larger 4 lug pattern

I was driving the Gem yesterday and I looked at the dash and the way the steering wheel was coming out of the dash made me think” I wonder if the steering wheel is adjustable” well what do you know!!! .

I think I’m a pretty observant person but some how this awesome feature some how flew right by me Loving It!

1 Like

And another discovery. The steering column
Locks, yup just like a real car you can turn the wheel and lock it. I really like this feature.

Here are some pics of the Rail System I was talking about.

Check out how you can adjust the position of the Mirror.

You simply loosen up the star bolt and slide it where ever you want. I can see this coming in handy when and if I mount a light bar on the roof.

Another example you can adjust where you want or need the grab handles

Before I go threw the owner’s Manuel anyone have a guess at what this is? Looks like a standard window defroster switch BUT the windows have no heater elements in them and when you switch it on No fan comes or nothin seems to do anything.

I immediately want to add a rail system to my GEM now.

I don’t have a reason yet mind you, but I want this.

That clearly is the snake dispenser. You have to refill it every 2 weeks or 100 miles.

1 Like

Lol it says it’s a window heater. But you can’t see any heating element lines in the window, cool. Another discovery. It has a Kw Per Mile gauge. Tell you how many Kw you have used along with a Trip meter

OOOkay. From what I can tell the asian market has the snakes option on the right hand drive versions. I believe they just use the same button for “window heat” in the US.

The car is Running 8 “6 volt battery’s

The Trunk simply unbolted and then you have this plastic panel that covers the battery’s image

That’s sharp man! Like it a lot

Making me want a 2016 lol

is that lead in your Gem ? Oh the horror .