Motors and Standards in EVs

What are most widely used motors in EVs? AC induction motors?

Where can I find the standards of inverter design for EVs. especially in the respect of noise reduction/control?

Thanks!

[QUOTE=liyue;11944]What are most widely used motors in EVs? AC induction motors?

Where can I find the standards of inverter design for EVs. especially in the respect of noise reduction/control?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

As far as I know, all production cars that are either Hybrid or plug in EV’s use a AC motor for many important reasons. DIY ev conversions tend to go the DC route which was all that was available years ago, due to primarily the cost. Except for racing, AC tends to be more popular for those who want range with a lot of benefits as well. Everybody has their own opionon, but most base it on cost not on proven facts.

Thanks a lot!

[QUOTE=evnut;11946]As far as I know, all production cars that are either Hybrid or plug in EV’s use a AC motor for many important reasons. DIY ev conversions tend to go the DC route which was all that was available years ago, due to primarily the cost. Except for racing, AC tends to be more popular for those who want range with a lot of benefits as well. Everybody has their own opionon, but most base it on cost not on proven facts.[/QUOTE]