Mini e

[I]“MINI is preparing to release a fleet of 500 purely electrically driven cars onto American roads. Selected MINI fans will be asked to give the MINI E a thorough workout over the course of the year and use their experiences to help the MINI experts perfect its innovative drive system. Dr Wolfgang Armbrecht, Senior Vice President Brand Management MINI, and Ulrich Kranz, Head of Project i, present the new MINI E”[/I]

read more

What’re you thinking of it?

best
T.

[QUOTE=Torsto;5341][I]“MINI is preparing to release a fleet of 500 purely electrically driven cars onto American roads. Selected MINI fans will be asked to give the MINI E a thorough workout over the course of the year and use their experiences to help the MINI experts perfect its innovative drive system. Dr Wolfgang Armbrecht, Senior Vice President Brand Management MINI, and Ulrich Kranz, Head of Project i, present the new MINI E”[/I]

read more

What’re you thinking of it?[/QUOTE]

It is a nice dipping of their toes in the water, but I’d like to see them jump in.

The $850/month lease cost will probably be a bit too expensive for most people.

Mini E is available through leasing to private users in California and the New York area as well as in the UK. The Mini E is powered by a lithium-ion battery pack weighting 572 pounds (259 kg) that is placed instead of a back seat. The car range is said to be 156 miles (251 km) on a single charge under optimal conditions, but when it comes to standard driving conditions, the MINI can offer a range of 109 miles (175 km) in the city and 96 miles (154 km) on highway. The top speed is 95 mph (153 km/h). What is interesting, when the battery levels drop to 20%, the system automatically slows power delivery and shuts down the air-conditioning etc, to help the driver get home.