Magic Magnet on a stock '02

Thanks.

late 2002 e825 “Long Back” (late '02, as in December 27th manufacture date, lol)
5hp GE motor (5BC59JBS6368)
10.35 gears
155/80 R12 tires
Zivan NG1 charger w/ updates
DC-DC board update
T2 controller (i think - I’ll have to pull the dash and look again)
NAPA 8231 FLA deep cycle 105Ah (Deka # DC31DT)

Pretty much stock (i think), other than front suspension was monkeyed with:

Picked it up a few months ago from the local UC’s bus line department. They used it as a maintenance vehicle and hauled tools and parts around the campus. Don’t know any more details than that, but the bed has definitely seen some weight and use. Then it sat abandoned for a year or so, which, unsurprisingly, turned the old batteries into boat anchors.

Intend to, and have been using it as my daily driver. It still sees some use as a “work truck” hauling crap and kegs around occasionally. When it does it’s typically only a few hundred lbs, but the potential for a 600-ish load is there.

Most drives are only a few miles at a time. But sometimes I’ll make multiple trips in one day with pauses in between.

Terrain is mostly flat ish , slight grades. A few brutal overpasses though. City takes up 9 square miles, most streets are 25 mph, a few 35 and one 40 and one 45.

Don’t really want to change the gears because of the occasional hauling, would be happy with 30-32 sustained, 33-35 sprints with just me and some light cargo (2 person weight equivalent) . Would be tickled if I could someday get this thing to run 40+ with an empty bed, but don’t think that’s going to be possible until the FLAs are out of the picture, but then I’m potentially into traction problems if the bed has any weight in it behind the rear axle.

I have an idea for that, but not sure if it will work. Have to talk to Dave a bit about it.