Looking for Lithium Help/Advice

Unfortunately, that’s normal for T2 over 95 volts.
Need to drain down a volt.

understood. just need to find a way to drain these high power batteries. Everything else I have here is 12 volts, so am trying to find something to hook it to, to bring the voltage down.
As an aside, if I plug in the quiQ you reprogrammed, how high will that charge if left alone, or will I need to monitor it. to keep the cell voltage down.

Are you using the bms-24?
It can control the DQ charger.
Grant uses a 120v waterheater element. Any 120v or 240v resistive load works. A cheap space heater, big lightbulbs 300w.

8:45. Down to 95.1. lol
will work on it tomorrow.
Appreciate all the help.
Thanks again

Just a quick note. Cart is 4running well. After all our hard (brain) work, it seems to have paid off. Will spend the next couple of days getting it back together and will then post some pictures. Thanks again for all your help and encouragement.
Mark

Yes, would like to use the BMS24 with the onboard QuiQ charger you configured. I am ok with setting it up with the charger, but don’t have a clue on how to wire for the onboard charger. Attached are two pictures of what I have, if you could give some direction. Thanks

??? Sorry what are you asking? Are you asking what wire on the BMS-24 controls the Delta Q?

The Charge controll wire on the Delta Q is White.
The charge controll wire is the one that has the LED comming off the BMS 24. It has the spade on it.

Sorry Grant, been working with Dave and was using shorthand.
New2 to this and not hugely electronic savvy. Dave helped me get the lithium installed and the cart going. He re-programmed the QuiQ for lithium. I do have the BMS24 system and can outside charge to my charger, but would like to get it hooked up for onboard charging. Currently, QuiQ has 4 wires. Orange is hot. Black goes to controller Post -. White goes to battery pack post - and green is unattached. I can hook up the yellow cables and run the white phone cord from com2 to the com2 port on the BMS control. Not sure where to go from there, but from what you just said, plug into the chg/dhg controller port. Un-attach the white wire from the negative battery post and plug into the spade from the bms. Will that solve the problem or amn I over simplifying?
Thanks

Looks like you have two of them.

This is DQ interface.
Plug the white wire from DQ into the white and bms will control stop voltage.

Thanks Dave. Appreciate all the help.

yellow and white stay loose and unattached?

Yes, they are for discharge relay.

Think I’ll take up drinking as a vocation instead of a hobby.
While installing, the loose white wire dropped and arced on the positive battery post. Naturally, I now have no display or readings. Any fuses in these things or am I looking at rebuilding or a new one.

got it back displaying, but display turns on immediately when plugged in. shows LIPO o.o cells.
Doesn’t seem to want to go past that. plugs are in the right config. 1-8, 9-16, 17-24.
I’ll get back onto it tomorrow.

Bms is not forgiving. I can try to repair it, but doubtful.

I’ll look at it again today, sometime. Out of left field, what happens if I plug in the cart without the BMS system attached. I assume the QuiQ would still throw a charge. Is the problem then, simply one of balancing the cells?

As long as you constantly check each cell to assure they are balanced then using the charger alone would be OK with correct algorithm.

http://robotsforroboticists.com/lithium-ion-battery-safety/
“A BMS will monitor the voltage of each cell and halt charging when any cell reaches the maximum voltage. Cheap BMS’s will stop all charging when any cell reaches that maximum voltage. Fancier/better BMS’s can individually charge each cell to help keep the battery pack balanced. A balanced pack is good since each cell will be a similar voltage for optimal battery pack performance. The fancy BMS’s can also often detect if a single cell is reading wrong. There have been cases of a BMS’s working properly but a single cell going bad which confuses the BMS; and yields a fire/explosion. Avoid connecting battery packs in parallel (with no BMS). If the voltage on each battery pack is different (ie. unbalanced) then one of the batteries can push a lot of charge to the other batteries. This can also yield a fire. Don’t attempt to charge lithium cells that have been over-discharged, as over-discharging the cell can result in damage to the cell that can cause future charge cycles to catch fire. Over-discharging can happen if the cell is discharged without proper BMS electronics or if the battery is left to sit for extended periods of time (years) and self-discharges.”

Got it. rather be safe than sorry. If this one is bad, I’ll pick up another one.
Thanks

I’ll pick up another one. On another front, finally plugged in the QuiQ you programmed for me and get no lights, sound or action. Your thoughts??
Thanks,

A main unit only is $250 exchange bms-24t ?

The white wire needs connect to B- to enable charging. Hopefully it was not connected when bms shorted.