Looking for Lithium Help/Advice

Picked one up for $276, but still have the old one.
Also pretty sure the white wire was hooked in when bms shorted.
BMS still gives display, just doesn’t make any sense, as its not picking up the cells.Having said that, is QuiQ repairable or doorstop. Still have the charger, so can always external charge.
Suggestions?

Picked one up for $276, but still have the old one.
Also pretty sure the white wire was hooked in when bms shorted.
BMS still gives display, just doesn’t make any sense, as its not picking up the cells. Having said that, is QuiQ repairable or doorstop. Still have the charger, so can always external charge once the BMSt unit gets here…
Suggestions?

current toasted charger is DQCP 7200-02 with black dot. Can pick up a DQCP 7200-01 with black dot off ebay for $225. Has the double wires, so fairly sure it would work with my GEM. Programmable? or do you know a better alternative.
Thanks

Do you have a link?..

Think I found it.

I can sell a new one for $300 programmed.
Yours may be repairable. I can take a look.

I’ll send you mine. Take a look at it and let me know. Email me your address again.
marinesargeant@gmail.com
Thanks

I also have a pallet of new 72v 29 amp fast chargers coming in.
No idea what they are set to voltage-wise.

@Naetdogg Thanks for this video. Great quote: “With great power comes great responsibility”

What is the history of charger?
It is set to #177 98v. You need to explain everything each post as I don’t keep track of who has what.
Charger is working fine, I’ll get it back to you right away.

That’s the one you originally set up for lithium, but when I plugged it in, nothing lit up and nothing worked. I thought I might have fried it when I arced the white wire off the BMS. So it it’s fine, now have to figure out why it won’t work when polugged into the cart. Always something, lol. Keep the 100, I’ll probably be bugging you enough anyway.

Thanks,

Mark

Must have got interupted when white wire shorted.
The white wire connects to b- to enable charging.
If not connected, charger will boot, then go to sleep.

The bms will enable charger through white wire only when interface led is lit.

1 Like

Got it. Many thanks. By the time I’m done with all of this it may even run.

Charger hooked in and will charge, with one caveat. If I hook the white wire directly to the battery B- post, I get a QuiQ error of 2 red flashes, signifying low battery. If I hook the white wire to the controller’s B- post, it boots up and charges and works well as long as the cutoff switch is on. Tomorrow or the next day, will attempt to hook in the BMS. Should be interesting. lol As an aside, had it out for a short run today and hit 48mph on my GPS before I had to shut it back for a corner. lol

Dave,
Smoked bms-24t MAIN UNIT. display lights but no readings.
repairable? If it is, be good to have a spare. Let me know.
Thanks
Also, quiq charger and bms unit installed and working perfectly. Will post pictures when I get it completely wired in.
Thanks again

Sometimes repairable if traces are not burned to bad. I have most parts here.

I’ll send it up to you next week.

As promised, pictures of the finished project.
Cart has been clocked at 48mph and if I don’t push it, now has about a 50-60 mile range.
Many thanks and kudos to INWO for his infinite patience and much help.
P1010004 P1010005 P1010003 P1010001 P1010002

2 Likes

BMS-24T is repaired if you want it back.
$100
Or I’m sure someone on here would buy it from you.
Dave

Thanks Dave, will send the money tomorrow.
really appreciate it as well as all the other help you’ve provided.
Mark