Looking for help with a Delta Q Model 922-7200-04B

I acquired a project GEM 2014 E6s from an auction this week. For starters no lights on the Delta Q charger. I dissassembled it and it has a bad ceramic fuse. I could replace the fuse, but feel likely there is a bad component that blew the fuse. Nothing looks burnt on the PC. The charger has 2 outputs, presumably one 72V the other for 12v. The 12v output (6 wire) plug into the fuse box. I have not idea if those 6 wires have any meaninful purpose on the gem. So I am thinking it is best to stay with this particular model, rather than buy a replacement DQ with a DC to DC converter to adapt. Any suggestions about the destination of the 6 output wires that plug into the fuse box assembly? Thanks in advance-

Why, Yes.
Yes I do!
Pay no attention to the conversion instructions, but the info on the wires are here-

And BEWARE THE GREEN WIRE!!! (It is not a ground)

Likelihood of reassembly of a dq charger for first time repair is about 0.
You may be the exception.
Input fuse or output. Input fuse never blows.
Must be serious issue.
It will generally burn out a start circuit resistor, if smps and bypass relay don’t function quickly.
I guess the input rectifier or caps might be shorted.

Output fuses would not keep leds from coming on.

WOW, I feel like Christmas came early, Many thanks for the info!! Back to my project, curiosity being what it is , I intermittantly probed bypassed the fuse. One of the 2 large capacitor started smoking. On closer inspection, the plastic cover on one capacitor had flaked off and spread flakey stuff throughout the case. I am not competent to do this repair.
So It looks like the best solution (Kudos AssyRequired for the pics) is to get a DQ 922-7254, use an adapter for the PP75 and splice my GEM fuse box male adapter to the PP75. Question, for the green wire it is just cut and connects to nothing? Where can I get a complementary adapter for the PP75 so my install looks professional?
Liftpartswharehouse has rebuilt 922-7200-04B for $350 6 months warranty. A new DQ 922-7254 runs $450 on Ebay. I’m assuming GEM Forum would say go with the 922-7254, Is my assumption correct?

Oops I missed the green wire goes to the PP75 blue connector on the photo. Answered my own question

Wait!!! What car is this going into? Your 2014?
(The 7254 is for an early 00-04 model car.)

You just need the same DQ-DCI 7200 as the one that came out of your car.
DCI stands for DC Internal. Meaning the DC converter is inside the charger.

I believe you (AssyRequired) DID steer me in the right direction :smiley:. Today I bought the DQ 922-7254 on EBay. Think positive it will work (although it would be nice to get wise Inwo to weigh in).
I think it will work since it has an internal DC to DC 12v 30 amp output (DCI). The Delta Q for my 2014 E6s from the factory was 922-7200-04B. Your picture nicely show the conversion to a 922-7254. No going back!! Here are the 922-7254 specs

Delta-Q QuiQ-Icon On-Board 72V Battery Charger 922-7254 With DC/DC Converter.

• ICON Model
  • 72 Volts
  • 12 Amps maximum
  • 72V to 12V DC To DC Converter (DCI)
  • DCI Covnerter 30 amps max output. 13.5V
  • For Lead acid (Wet/AGM/GEL)*
  • AC input voltage - 120 VAC / 230 VAC at 45-65 Hz
  • AC input connector US IEC320/C14 (requires country specific cord)
  • IEC320/C14 Universal 8 Inch AC inlet plug
  • 7" SBS50 DC Output
  • Signal For Battery Temp Sensor (Deutsch)
  • Signal for NC-NO iLock Relay (Deutsch)
  • Signal for Remote LED (Deutsch)
  • 10-segment LED for AC, 80%, 100%, Fault, Ammeter (6)
  • Stores up to 10 user-­selectable charge algorithms

Hey Inwo, if you want the carcass of this 922-7200-04B message me your address and I can send it ground as a xmas gift. Otherwise it goes into electronic recycling bin here in SoCal.- I will not reassemble . You are right, the heat sink to the transistors looks like it will get damaged if I try to reinstall.

1 Like

It will work, I have done multiple. It is the same basic charger, you just need to transfer the cables. You need to get all the parts to do the conversion. Green Anderson plugs, 8 pin connector and the 4 individual Anderson connectors. Takes a lot of time but it not that technical.

1 Like

Great!! New Question. The “Deutsch DT-06SA” connector output from the DQ 922-7254 is what I think you are referring to as the 8 pin connector. I don’t know the destination of the required wires. I’m quessing that the only leads I need to worry about is pin 1 (Temp sense +) and pin 2 (Temp sense -). Pin 1 goes to 10K 5% Thermister. Pin 2 is connected to battery negative. Is this correct? Any other wiring? I am clear that the Green plug goes to B+ and B-. And the 6 pin connector from my DQ 922-7200 gets wired into the PP75 (red, white, blue, black). I plan to run 6 Fullriver 12v AGM which I understand is algorithm 126. The cart came with 9 8v battery pack, but I can’t seen putting in $2500 into 9 8V agm batteries. And I have had not success keeping up with lead acid maintenance.

Check messages for address

pin 1 is temp sensor(white wire). no pin 2, pin 8 is the green wire. red and black go to green plug. the algos are listed on DQ website

Now if you really want it to look clean, pull the out the wire that has the green plug and put in the old cable from original charger. PITA