Lithium Conversion

Does it hold back at 25mph? A mm may be all you need.

That’s the configuration that I thought you had. Exactly the information I’m looking for.
I believe that no balancing was required when you tested first charge cycle?
Most of the time bottom balance gets messed up by trying to balance cells on the top. Even a monitor connected to them may cause more issues than it helps.
The conversions I’ve done are running “free range” with only unconnected balance leads on some for easy testing.
The packs I’ve sold with bms seem to have issues.
I have a few more 25s packs tested, and plan to list them on here with a link to your success.
Other than checking cell voltages, it must be a 2 hour conversion.:yum:

No balancing was ever needed. Literally dropped the new batteries in and started charging. I periodically checked the voltage and all cells were never more than .02 different.

Honestly, the hardest part of the whole conversion was getting the two gel batteries out of the rear compartment. Those heavy bastards!

Mine is a 2013 e2. It has the small motor but it definitely has more room to go past 25. The only thing that holds it back is the governor. Not saying it has enough power to get to 35 but I bet 30 would be pretty attainable.

a simple magic magnet and you are good to go . 2 minute install

Finally, a successful “drop in” experience. :heart_eyes:

Cool. If that’s something I decided to try how much do they cost? Where do I order it from?

I make them. $125 delivered.

Hey Dave,

Just checking in. The batteries are working incredibly well. Probably around 25 mile range, much more power (acceleration), and appear to be staying within the voltage range. I’m very happy I decided to go this route.

Also, I would like to purchase a magic magnet. Do you have one ready to go?

Tyler

Yes, I do. $125 with a note.

Paypal? If so, what email address do I send it to?

Got the magnet today popped it in and works great. Is there any way to tell how fast I’m actually going by looking at speedometer? I got it up to a 22 mph reading but felt like I was going about 35-40.

1 Like

Its ~ 25-40 ratio. {can be changed}
If you can change speedometer to read kph it will read correctly. 0-40mph

Check out a App Called SKI Tracks. Tyson turned me on to it. Gives you speed and distance and elevation. Here is a screen shot of the app.