Lithium batteries getting installed in San Diego club

If about 20 mile range is enough, the small 5+ kwh sdi may fit the bill. $2200 delivered.
$2750 30 mile 7.6kwh.

Front mount terminals

1 Like

Roughly whereabouts?

Just north of Sacramento, but the car will see some time in Donner Lake however it is pretty flat other than a very short minor hill to go up.

20 miles should be way more than enough. If I went this route will that system provide me enough power to maintain a decent speed. What I mean by that is I realize there are limitations to what the current stock motor can and should do for a certain duration without causing damage but with the wet cell batteries I have now combined with the mm at full charge it will hit almost 30 mph but I’d say within about 1 mile of driving my top speed declines to about 25/26 and then after about 2 miles the best I can do is around 23 mph? I guess I just have the hope that with the mm and a good set of batteries I can cruise around at roughly 30mph for short stretches at a time.

Yes, these batteries start out at a higher voltage and are still over 72v when empty.

Plus battery only weighs 120lb total.

Depending on location, you can pick one up or even have it installed.

Trade up anytime if you want the bigger battery.

That’s info I’m looking for! So where do I go about getting one or picking one up?

I’m in Davis. Not sure how far Donner lake is. Dave inwo is a friend, if you run into snags on the install of one of his packs, hit me up.

Dave, he has a r4f charger, don’t think it will charge that high.

Hello…can you send me a price of Samsung SDI batteries as well?
Located in SoCal in Orange County.
I have a GEM 2002 Golf Cart
I want to have around 80-90miles.
Flat roads over here.

Really late to the conversation here. Just installed the Falcon 72v dual battery system from Big Battery. I knew replacing the batteries would be straight forward but had no idea what the 2 extra wires from the charger were for and KNEW they would be an issue. after some debate and looking at the wiring diagram, I grounded (72v -) the green wire that was going to the black wire from the charger (NOT THE ACTUAL ONES THAT CHARGE THE BATTERIES) and connected the red/green wire to 72v +… cart fired up and looked normal for a minute and now theres nothing. All the 12 volt accessories (lights/wipers etc) work but no relay click, nothing.
Was told those 2 wires are part of the lockout feature within the charger… so I reinaslled the charger on the main leads of the battery block and reattached the wires they used to be and notjing changed.
Did I fry something? All the fuses look good. Any help or diagnoses I can try would be appreciated!

OOps! You are correct that you had the interlock wires. Grounding one(-72) and putting the other on B+ (+72) was not the correct solution.

I’m also guessing this is a Gen1 (00-04) car?
Do you know if you have the DC Converter/Recall/Wiring Update installed?

Depending on your answer I will path out what might have cooked.

I has all the updated stuff… and yes… its a 2000… I’m also looking to not have to have the old charger in the car… Ive heard that connecting the 2 interlock wires is the solution… tried that and it obviously did nothing because I’ve cooked something… THANK YOU FOR THE QUICK REPLY

MB - I actually replied to you over on FB.
Let’s get you figured out.

Check your PM.
I’ll tag you one here too.

Got it… replied back… happy to have a phone call or whatever you normally do in these situations

UPDATE: Cart is completely fixed thanks to AssyRequired… with about 5 minutes of diagnosis it was determined that I blew a relay. The one that provides 72v to pin 2 on the controller. $10 part. Fast fix. I also completely removed the old charger and connected the 2 lines that were part of the lockout feature of the GEMS…

1 Like

That must have been shocking.

1 Like

That must have been shocking.

I beats burning ones’ lips on the tailpipe.

An off-gridder was out riding across the tundra on his snowmobile, when it started sputtering. The off-gridder limps them damaged sled to the nearest town to find a service garage to take a look at it. After about five minutes, the mechanic comes out from the shop and says “Look’s like you just blew a seal.”

To which the OG replied, “No, that’s just frost on my mustache.”