Lights don’t work

2005…e2……the light switch is not turning on both front and rear lights. Anybody have an idea of a plan to diagnose this…thanks

When you flip the switch does it illuminate the little headlight icon on the dash?

If YES -
then check the little 2x3 molex at the front of the car where the hood hinges. Is it melted? This path would also mean it is a dual point failure as the same connector at the back of the car under seat means it has an issue.

If NO-
Then check your fuses. Verify that you have 12V switched going to your headlights. Check your grounds.

Do your other accessories work? (wipers, horn)

Thanks for the reply. No icon on dash…horn/wipers work….I’ll dig into the fuses tomorrow. Thanks again

F1…10 amp fuse is good. Turn signal front and back…good. Horn …good. Wipers…good.
But still no headlights and rear running lights.
Switch maybe? Thanks for any help

Sorry….no icon on dash. Thought I saw it come on then immediately dim once

Success!!! Went under the hood and redid the headlight harness…was poorly done by me in the past :grin:. Then got to the dash switch. Pulled off the female spade connectors and put a 10 amp fuse spade in the two switch wires…and….lights. So, headed down to the Gem dealer, got a new switch, and success. Thanks for following