LiFePo4 "7th battery" on a lead bottom GEM

So, 18 months later, my cauck (CArt-trUCK for the newbies) is still running. Put a bit less than 4k miles on it since the install of the lifepo4 booster pack. The pack has been rock solid. I can’t say that I’ve noticed any other problems or issues related to it.

Ended up reprogramming the controller to turn down the max speeds a bit more. Turf goes to 21 and road goes to 35. I think I also set the field weakening back to stock as I became less interested in coming up fast and would rather have my cauck go the distance.

Oh, yeah, actually there is one thing going wrong related to the pack, not really unexpected though. The charger fan is going out, should be an easy fix. I should probably fix that before it fails and adversely affect the performance of my cauck.

Dave, is there anything special I need to know about opening the little Chargery bricks or they pretty standard construction?

@Inwo

No, easy enough. Fan is temp controlled, may be ok.

I forgot about that… So, a few months ago, it was stopped while charging, I know it shuts off after it’s done, but will it shut off while charging if ambient is that cold? I’m in California, really cold nights (relatively speaking) where I live aren’t that common, it could have been one of those nights. I haven’t observed it doing that since I took an air nozzle to it. It’s a little noisy, but not too bad.

Fan only turns on when hot.