Key switch wiring

I just replaced my original charger with a Delta q charger with the help from some on this forum. I got batteries to charge but key switch no longer works. I traced down the wiring and found that the red/green wire from switch plugged into old charger. I don’t know where to plug in on new charger. I appreciate any help.

Connect it to B+ through a fuse to see if car runs.
If it does, connect it to p8 of the 8p plug. This pin supplies B+ and will damage the charger if shorted tp B-.

If your car has the dc to dc converter recall done on it there will be a timing relay on the right side of the dash next to the contactor.
The red and green wire from the key switch goes on term. 6

What size fuse should I test this with on the B+. Also, pin 8 says not used on Delta q schematic. I measured 16 volts off of pin 8.

Do you have a picture of the timing relay where I would be connecting key switch?

Must be a blown internal fuse. It should read B+, as it’s connected to the red output wire internally.
About 5 amps, anything less than the 10a internal fuse.

Look at photo 17 of it doesn’t open let me know

I can’t see the photo.

The two green wires is on term 6 the key switch hooks to one on the green wires

If you don’t get this time send me your email and I will try it that way

I don’t have any timer like that. I have a 2001 GEM car. This is a picture of mine.

Your DC/DC converter was recalled and will be replaced by Polaris with the new weather sealed one. Guessing your parking brake recall hasn’t been performed either. Run the VIN at nhtsa.gov and confirm two open recalls.

Should fix your issues and it’s Free.

I have already looked up the VIN when I purchased. The only recall left was the handbrake. 2 steering recalls and Aux board retrofit all completed. I just checked again and no other recalls.

Too bad, others have said similar on recalls supposedly complete, but that clearly is the defective DC/DC converter.

Here’s two images from our 2002, first is unit installed by Polaris, the second shows recalled board.

I’ll call tomorrow about the DC/DC converter. Where would the key switch hook on what i currently have?

Sorry, haven’t dealt with that, Polaris did the swap. Do you see the wire in question on my picture? Do you have the service manual? If not oldhouseboater on this forum will email you. I also think there’s another thread where this is discussed.

It’s the red/green wire (key switch) that was plugged into old charger. I have new charger but it doesn’t have a place for key switch that I know of. INWO says use pin 8 (above) it says not used on schematic but has 12 volts on it. Am I needing 12 volts or 72 volts? If 12 volts I can use it, if 72 volts is there somewhere besides B+ post?

Key switch is 12v. The 72v is handled by the heavy duty contactor, the orange wire labeled “fuse” in above picture is the 72v going to this.