It's 115° here, temp sensor question

Hi, I’m new here, I’m in the desert and it’s 112° here. Would the high temps cause the temp sensor to beep and flash? I unplugged the DIN that I read about here and no more beeping at least. Thanks, Chris

Might help a wee bit if you tell us what year gem, what charger it has, what batteries it has, Ginger or Marianne, and do prefer pancakes or waffles?

He said desert, not deserted island(where Ginger and Mary Anne would be hanging around)

I recall they had a prototype pedal Gem on one or two episodes?

I bought two, a 2002 (two seater) w upgraded zivan charger, trojan batteries. And 2003 (4 seater) with q charger trojan batteries. Thanks again.

Notice how he didn’t answer pancakes or waffles? He must be one of those cheese eating surrender monkey toast types.

Some late year 2002s had factory installed Zivans. Mine did. Although i think its production date was December 27 or 29. You can tell by the wiring at the charger. They deleted a few wires with the zivan.

More importantly, you should check ypur DC-DC converters. The 2000-2004 models had DC converys that sometimes burst into flames and burned a few GEMs to the ground (not that there is anything wrong with this).

And there were a few other recalls. Including the first replacent DC converters. Yep, you guessed it, more carbbqs. (I approve)

Run your vin thrpugh NHTSA database, see if the recalls were applied. If not, stat calling Polaris dealers and see if you can find one to do the work. If it doesnt show, ie applied, dont believe it. Check the converter yourself.