INWO's Samsung lithium cell build

This is the route I’m going for my next project.

Final touches on the 21s tote battery.

2 Likes

Love the way the BMS tucks in there - very nice.

1 Like

Had custom covers built for the 22s sdi.
Fit these perfectly.

2 Likes

Can 22s fit in the tote ?

No, not this one. Sdi case is best for that. While they last. 20-24s fits. I believe.

Here is another great case.
12 cell enclosure from Amazon.
Got them for Adam to test fit front on early Gem.
10-24s

1 Like

This battery will be up for sale next week when I finish testing with it.

1 Like

@Inwo @ltihiumgods Do you sell packs for a 08 GEM?

My boss just bought one off a gov auction for $3500 to use at his farm. I was in the process of making a 24s out of 105Ah LifePo4 @ $63 and using a Daly 150A BMS but your solution is an easier route for me.

I’m already buried in projects with a 20Kw solar farm with a 16s6p pack to run irrigation pumps and just completed a 2.5Kw with a 16S 280Ah pack with a 3K growatt for a remote area of his property. This would take a load off my plate if I can just drop it in for him.

New to the forum since I’ve never owned a GEM and a few key searches led me here, what a wealth of GEM info, glad I found it!

Thanks for all the info, I’ve read lots of your and Grants posts and they are super informative and I do appreaciate the sharing of info!

I have coming:

High voltage (96v) performance packs, standard range. Aprox 20 miles and

large capacity ( 234ah) , standard voltage plus (81v) packs. Range probably 80 miles.

Dave has the cells to assemble a 94ah pack.

All come with bms. And we can reprogram charger where needed.

I have a 20s SDI samsung module and a 21s SDI tote battery ready to ship.
$2750 delivered.
new samsung jk 1
21s sdi tote
sam 22s on shelf

Cells $100 each

1 Like

Inwo are the easiest and are perfect for 90% of the applications.

2 Likes

Are you near Naples by chance?

1 Like

I should have done this in the first place. Ugh.

Maybe I still will. If I can find another donor cart that’s in better shape than mine, I’ll probably do it. Now that I’ve gotten a crash course in Gem repair, it doesn’t seem so daunting to tackle this project.

1 Like

Range tested the 14s battery 4.02v down to 3.45v. 26mph speed, one person, completely flat ground. 30.5 miles. So I would put this pack at a usable range of 25-28 miles. More miles than the lead batteries, can use full range without hurting them, accelerates faster, weighs less than 1 lead battery, should have 3x the life span. This test battery is now for sale.$1900

3 Likes

I have my Cell Build complete. I am working on installing in 2017 E2. I have not modified the DeltaQ charger that ran the 6v AGM batteries. Dave, there is so much data about the upgrade that I hope I am not missing something. I have an AUX battery. I don’t know if there is some provision needed to charge it now. There is a black separate wire that was connected to the negative battery terminal. Do I still connect this small wire (it has a connector, it is a little pig-tail that has like 3 or 4 wires in it. )

14s battery will charge fine with oem charger. Plug is for sensing battery temperature.
Leave it hang unconnected.

Hello,

I’m brand new to the forum and about to order a new 2022 Gem e4. I’d like recommendations on how to spec it. It sounds like I’m better off getting it with the standard acid batteries and then going aftermarket for the lithium ion conversion. I’d also like to do a performance mod so to get it to around 40 mph. What motor do you suggest I order? Any reason to buy the 6.5kW motor? Thanks.

Yes, get the 6.5 motor. The lithium option is over priced.
For the $10k saved get some upgrades done.
Fl. Is the place to be for getting new Gems modified.

1 Like

IT depends on what type of battery you built.