Interior Turn Signal Indicators

Hello all. I am constantly irritated with myself for leaving my blinkers on. I’m curious if anyone has a way to shut the blinkers off when you turn or an idea I’m kicking around is mounting 2 small LEDs about eye level in the A pillar to remind me that I’m stupid.

Any thoughts?

Great idea.
I agree that it needs a solution.
Sounds like a job for magic blinker man…

I have loud buzzers from ebay (I’m Deaf) Less than 20 bucks for the pair. Work better than indicators Mine are scary loud but 5 buck units would probably be good for you.

I agree with the audible sound. My flasher is loud enough that it reminds me most of the time. If the radio isn’t turned up too loud.

My problem is, I’ve been married 50 years, I tend to ignore high pitched sound, until someone slaps me.
So I drive around with blinker on most of the time. :frowning:

1 Like

First thoughts.

Cut signal here. Run thru NC relay contacts.
Sample signal thu integration capacitor tied to coil.
After capacitor reaches a set trigger point it opens relay.
Next turn signal operation resets system.
If sitting at a light it would need a re-trigger, but stock alarm buzzer might remind you.

Wow that’s way above my pay-grade! I’m fairly lost on that!

Houseboater. Were they easy to hook up? The buzzer that is

It’s only an idea.
Won’t take much encouragement to put something together.
Do you think there would be interest in electronic, auto turn off?

[quote=“Nrapp33, post:8, topic:12061”]Houseboater. Were they easy to hook up? The buzzer that is
[/quote]

Should only need one and a couple 2n4000 diodes.

Hi Nrapp33… I found the answer to the turn signal problem… easy to instal… LOUD… the wires are long enoughto instal the beep in the cab… garantee you won’t need it that close… the seller is great… my first one died and he replaced it…

Gem electric car turn signal audio indicator - Makes your turn signals Beep when they are on so you can turn them off. #TSI
Drill no holes kit, just connected it up.

Read the great feedback on this item! Over 1000 sold.

For GEM car model year cars e2, e4, e6 1999- 2008. This audio indicator attaches to your existing turn signal wire harness and will give you a audio indication when tour turn signal is on. It beeps in cadence to the flasher and will remind you to switch off the turn signals after the turn. It can be heard over road noise whether your GEM has doors or not. The volume can be reduced if you wish.

Installs in 15 minutes, really… Requires no soldering, or drilling, uses existing connectors. You do not have to remove the dash cover or crawl under the car. The audio indicator come completely assembled and ready to install. Comes with simple assembly instruction sheet. It installs under the hood and piggybacks onto the existing wire harness.

The kit consists of a small electronic module and three wires uses. The wires use quick connectors that connect to the front parking lights of your GEM.

If for any reason you are unhappy with this return it for a full refund.

Available GEM accessories and kits:
-Accessory receptacle power socketoutlet kit. This is a 12 volt socket kit like the factory socket that allows you to plug your i Pod, a small fan, cell phone charger etc. It can be purchased at this listing 120587085827. paste that number into the Ebay search box. Free shipping on the assecory socket kit when you buy the turn signal indicator kit. The shipping will be credited to your paypal account after you buy the item.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GEM-electric-Car-turn-signal-audio-indicator-/110744110107?hash=item19c8dd041b:m:mY50L6C36yngjEVJ0wWaxNg

Bob

how about no sound and blink in the mirror

Add-A-Signal Stick-On Directional Indicator Red LED lights increase safety when turning or changing lanes by not only make your vehicle more visible, but they also alert drivers of your movements and intentions. Our Add-A-Signal Stick-On Directional Indicator lights feature super-bright red LED bulbs and is arrow shaped like the ones seen in factory mirrors. With an easy two wire hook up and press on installation, CIPA’s Add-A-Signals are a simple way to increase your safety and improve the appearance of your vehicle! CIPA Add-A-Signals are universal and will work on all cars, trucks, vans, SUVs, and RVs. QUALITY GUARANTEED. We are a USA Company and offer Fast Free Shipping for any delivery made within the USA!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Add-a-Turn-Signal-Stick-On-Red-LED-to-Rearview-Mirrors-for-Cars-Trucks-/371513745262?hash=item567ff1df6e:g:IeEAAOSwUdlWb0e-&vxp=mtr

Bob

Just splice them into the front turn signals. I mounted them on the inside of the hood with Velcro

Rodney

Old_Houseboater! I’m obviously a novice to electrical so simple suggestions like that are absolutely wonderful! Thank You!

I have the same problem, not that I can not hear turn signal which has a timer function. I would like to have something which turns off after making 60 degree + something turn. I had considered picking up an old VW turn signal which I have used before on my dune buggy. just have not had time to work out details. Anyone want to try that

1 Like

Here is what I ended up doing. I can see them from the inside, but not to blinding, but they also add a second indicator for people on coming to see. And I’d simply did what was suggested above and I spliced into the turn signals and neatly ran the wire along the stock wiring into the dash .