Installed R4F charger now getting "0" code

I installed a R4F charger as my Zivan charger was dead, it seems to charge the batteries fine I think but when it’s done i get a “0” on the display and a blinking red/green led indicating that there is an error in the cabling, the plug is not original so my question is, what color wire goes where as i’m thinking the plug was miswired? The colors i have at the plug are: Green Brown & Blue, the plug says green and wire, the green wire is hooked up properly but should the brown wire be hooked to the lug marked “Wire”? I have checked to make sure the batteries are sequenced properly, if its not the plug then what can it be? I don’t know very much about electricity and don’t own testers.

Nobody has any suggestions?

Suggestion , Call Ride for Fun and ask them . They sell it and should support you with the install .

I sent them an email and didn’t get a response

That sucks . They need to support what they sell .

It’s been a while since I’ve bought anything from R4F… But I recall them being a little old school and super helpful if you just call them.

I screwed up the wiring when I installed my R4F charger and they talked me through fixing it on the phone

1 Like

Is this the rebranded “Quick Charge” heavy charger they sell? If so, it is a quick charge model sco7210. Here is the manual: https://www.quickcharge.com/assets/sco-charger-instructions.pdf

I am betting the leads are reversed. Make sure you have them connected correctly.

Any chance you have a copy on your drive? The link goes to a 404 error page now.

What exactly are you looking for? Operating manual?
I poked around a bit and found this:

The modern R$F charger is a rebranded SCO7210. Info is here
https://www.quickcharge.com/select-a-charge%20on%20boards.htm

The OB charger linked in the post above is some thing they maybe used a long time ago. I dunno.

The wires are the same IIRC. It’s just the sco has some limited programmable options on the profiles and a spiffy display.