Ignition switch?

No I meant the DIY section of this forum. Its the 3rd or 4th . DIY item - “code 11 problem.”

It has a picture of the interior of the module.

http://www.electricforum.com/cars/conversions-kit-electric-cars-diy/8639-do-yourself.html

Thanks for the link, I’ll check that out.

DICK

hi
if you have code 81,your speed sensor broken or magnet in motor
was your speed 0 and not counting then car running ?

check also Cable to speedsensor
its easy to remove sensor and look at magnet

It hasn’t shown the 81 code since that one brief time.

I just left the shop and the GEM is moving back and forth (in the little space available for now). I think it might have been all the tries to see if it worked equaled this: “Run the pedal up and down 50 times before you take it apart.” and it cleaned the tracks. Sure hope so.
I go in for my left knee replacement tomorrow (monday) so I will be out of commission for awhile.

Thanks for all your help,
DICK

The ranger moved the tractors this evening. GEM runs but no lights and only 16MPH. The MPH would be acceptable to keep people from tearing it up UNLESS that will cause a problem to the system. I’ll send the link to this post in case the ranger needs more info or wants to follow up on the lights and MPH.
Thanks
DICK

You might want to check if you are in Turf or Street mode. Turf mode changes controller to run at a reduced speed and 15mph sounds about right. I’m embarrassed to admit but I one time spend several hours trying to diagnose a problem that turned out to be simply an inadvertent “flip” of the turf/street selector switch!!

Al