I am interested Samsung sdi batteries pack

Don’t bother with Load testing your old batteries unless you plan on using them elsewhere.
If you want, check them after your 1 mi run and see if they are all down, or just one/two of them. Toss the punk ones and slide the good ones into the RV or something.

If you really want to see something enlightening-
Charge the pack up again (guessing it is) and clamp your meter to the controller POS & NEG. Put it in a position so you can see it while driving. Enlist the help of an assistant if you have to. Note the starting V, then mash the pedal and see how far down V drops when accelerating.
Write these two numbers down for later reference.
Do the same test when you get your SDI22 installed and you will begin to see where all the extra fun comes from.

I wouldn’t consider 105F a hot motor. Check it after you get your new pack installed and can run 5~10 miles.

How tall are your tires? You have a 12.44 gearbox. With 21 in tires(guessing) @30mph your motor is doing 6k. You don’t have much left. You might need to start looking for a 10.35 set of gears if you want to go faster.

I have 23" tires I should get 35mph with the new batteries, which is good for me. I am more interested in the extra torque getting up the hills.

I’m looking at all of the options for switching to lithium at the best price without a lot of part changes

Jeff Driver

| AssyRequired
November 2 |

• | - |

@jeff95519

but would like to see how these work out.

I am a bit confused by this statement. Have you not been paying attention?

Many of these have gone out already and are working out quite nicely. It’s a really sweet package. I have asked Future Me to report back here in 10 years to report longevity data but he has not reported back yet.

Hi Jeff, What kind of Gem do you cart do you have?

I have an 2005 E2 with the Ride-4-Fun motor and controller upgrade. I have the Ride-4-Fun magnet and 14 inch tires and wheels. I have Decca Gel batteries and have a top speed of 35-40 Mph. My batteries are a few years old and I only have about 8 mile range now but the power meter only goes down a couple bars

Jeff Driver

Interested in what kind of controller upgrade is available for a 2005. Do you mean swap?

Where are you at on this?

I sent it into Ride-4-Fun to reprogram with the motor upgrade

Jeff Driver

14 in rims is not really part of the formula.
How tall are the tires?

Also- What gears are you running. (being a 2005, there is a chance you have 10.35)
Post a pic of your barcode label if you don’t know.

a top speed of 35-40 Mph

Does your speedo display read accurate? or is it exactly half speed?
(assuming you verified this via GPS app)

1 Like

Are you sure it’s 2005? T3 controller. Maybe they have the ability to change firmware as T3 is not normally programmable for higher speed.
If they can change a T3 to something else it will make all our junk T3s valuable.
Does your speedometer read correctly? Sign of new firmware.

Great minds think alike. I’m working with a T3 client now.

Battery has arrived save and sound and I have also received cable assembly. Thanks Dave. I there any directions on wiring install? I have downloaded the app for the BMS and it asking a password where can find that? Thanks again.

Got the bms going on my phone. The battery cells are good average cell 3.52v

it’s SUPER secret… “123456”. Don’t tell anyone!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pretty straight forward. Connect B+ wire to battery B+ and B- to the black pigtail from bms.
After connecting go to control bottom right. Turn all 3 switches to on.
Gem should run. Then plug in charger.

I have them in Florida and soon stock will be in Georgia. Dave can ship to other locations. I also have smaller packs up to 20 mile range for 2005+ Can ship those anywhere.

1 Like

Any progress?
Do you see how others have mounted to a shelf?
sam 22s on shelf
The rest is easy. Or at least should be easy. :slight_smile:

This is what my deck looked like (just in case you need ideas).
1/2in top deck. 3/4 supports going down to bottom of tray.
Notched in the middle to clear the cross brace in the frame. These have a slight angle taper because of the way the front goes in and down first, then the back gets dropped in.
I had to notch out the front edge a bit to clear the ebrake support (I have an e2. e4s may not have this issue?).

In reality- Most of the pack weight is straddled on the cross brace (picture a seasaw) and the front/back of the deck just keeps it from falling in on either side.

2 Likes

The control bottom right of what?

I think he means the control button in the bottom right of the app on your phone.
You need to turn on “charge”, “discharge”, and “Balance”.