How to NOT ship a Motor VS How to Ship a Motor

That box looks huge? maybe just the angle. You pay a lot more the bigger the box.
With the foam you don’t need a box much bigger than the motor.
I normally pay about 75.00 - 85.00 for a 60lbs box using Fedex - they always seem to be the cheapest for me. It also depends on where it is going. FL and CA are always crazy expensive.

16x12x13

I thought about cutting it down a little but wasn’t thinking it would make THAT much of a difference.

If I can’t figure out shipping… How specialized are these motors? Could I get a local motor shop to work through it? I’d prefer to give the business to rodney who supports the forum (even if it costs more) but $500 in shipping is crazy.

I think I need to find someone that has a good corporate shipping rate.

Pre-covid days, I was on planes all the time… I would have brought it with me as checked bag on the plane and shipped from atlanta!

I dunno what postnets was quoting me…apparently the 1 day express mail rate. Did the usps calculator and that got me back to earth. @Old_Houseboater one R4F blue motor coming your way!

Ok will be looking for it. Make sure you insure it. Also take a picture of package. They like to say in proper packaging.