How to Make Gem E6 Faster than 25mph?

Inow
Looking for a MM for 2013 Gem E4. I can pay pal just need info on if you have one that will work and how I install. Thanks

$125 with a note.

Hi, would you please be so kind and tell me where to get a MM for my 2010 Gem E6?

Iā€™m sold out until parts come in. Any day now I hope.

Could you please let me know once available and how much?

Can I pay in advance and you ship as soon as you get them?

Iā€™ll post when available.

Would a MM work on a 2002 e825?

Yes it will work on a '02. My heavy azz '02 longback was able to go 3 mph above the governor max speed setting with one while running an injured stock motor. A lighter GEM or one with a better motor should pick up more.

Hey just to be clear, MM gives your car the ā€œAbilityā€ to go 40+ Miles per hr. Weather your car has the HP or Battery Strength to go 40+ Mph is unknown. A Stock E6 is one heavy car. So you better have a good set of batteryā€™s and a tail wind :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Grant, youā€™re right, my post was worded poorly. I know what the MM does, I just didnā€™t say it well. I just clarified it for Adam333ā€™s or anyone elseā€™s benefit.

No problem, I just wanted to share the info. Some people think the addition of the MM will suddenly transform their car to go 40+ Mph. So you get where I was going with it. Itā€™s a great plug and play product but some people may not fully understand all what it take to get these cars going :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking to modify and Customize a 2011 E6 with Bed. I can pick it up for $5K.
Is it worth it?

I just put an AC motor and lithium setup in an 08ā€™ E6, it does 46MPH and is wanting to go faster.

1 Like

How and what did you have to change other than the motor and batteries?

I added the T4 to Sevcon PCB board that @Inwo developed.
oh, and you have to switch out your 10 year old controller with a new Sevcon.

On my 2013 e6S I was able to hit 40 MPH on flat ground with a 10.35 gearbox, stock motor, stock 14ā€ tires, reprogrammed controller and 27s lithium green cells. Iā€™ve since upgraded the batteries (24s Bolt), motor (D&D speed motor) and wheels/tires (205/45R17) and now hit 42 MPH. So you can get a good amount of speed with just a gearbox change and high voltage.

1 Like

@RS_E6 - yep, thatā€™s about right. But that D&D motor and even the worse the stock motors with do that speed but they will not last long. Turning those RPMā€™s gets those motors smokin hot. But it is a good solution for not much money. My buddy that has the E6 was getting about those speeds and his motor lasted one summer. That is when we switched him to AC.
When the controller and/or motor cook, we now have a good option that can take the RPMā€™s (9K). :slight_smile:

1 Like

Donā€™t get me wrong, Iā€™ll end up with an AC motor eventually. Hopefully out of choice and not necessity. Iā€™m on version 2 of some parts of my build without completing version 1 on others. I need to knock those out before considering version 3.

Have you guys done any tests with AC motors on stock batteries? Would be awesome if you can hit 40+ regardless of gearing, tires and battery setup.

Still time for some deals for capable early adopters.
I have an extra programmer to loan.
An 8kw a.c. motor and a used sevcon controller isnā€™t much more $$ than you could get out of a d&d motor and the old t4 controller.
Need to get @LithiumGods in the game. I owe him some stuff too.
I could use some help testing with lead.