Hey Feus

I read in one of your posts that you are working on an e-bike. Would that be a bicycle or a motorcycle? I’d like to do an e-bicycle to run short errands and maybe help get a better understanding before I jump into doing my car. Besides, the car has a lot of body and restoration work to be done first. Then comes the voltage. The (maybe) 1/4 megawatt '67 Camaro! I need to get some books and start doing some REAL learning. The good thing is, the body work progress will be directly proportional to time and $$$ available. That’ll give time for the technology to improve more. I’m trying to get a $ ballpark to expect for the power system with the goal of retaining small V8 performance (accelleration) with a top speed of around 100 mph and a 40 to 60 mile range. Oh well. That’s a whole other thread.

Cheers

honestly the first thing i was thinking about making was an electric lawn mower so that i can get the BASICS out of the way… once you have the general idea of how everything goes together, EVERYTHING is so much easier…

what i was thinking was doing a winter project and making an electric bike. right now my commute is about 6 miles each way… as soon as i move to the other house… my commute will be 2 miles each way. so i dont need alot of range. so i was hoping to make a decent commuter bike for summer riding and then in the summer work on a car for the winter driving…

I also have a test product im working on for the car version so that i wont need to plug it in at all just let it sit and recharge, but until i get it going on a larger scale i wont reveal much about it yet.

so yes an electric motor cycle. (lighter than a car, dont need alot of range, and still just about most of the same components)

about your product development. I know how it can be in a budding market. Good luck. Just cut a goooood deal on it if you get to production.:wink:

It’s funny you mention e-mower. I was just thinking about that on Saturday as I pushed my reel mower around. Then I thought, though it’d be cool, my area of grass is so small that any type of power mower would be overkill. I can push mow it in less than ten minutes.

Cheers

[QUOTE=inSANe DIEGO;153]about your product development. I know how it can be in a budding market. Good luck. Just cut a goooood deal on it if you get to production.:wink:

It’s funny you mention e-mower. I was just thinking about that on Saturday as I pushed my reel mower around. Then I thought, though it’d be cool, my area of grass is so small that any type of power mower would be overkill. I can push mow it in less than ten minutes.

Cheers[/QUOTE]

actually i dont want to make a ton on my invention just want to sell the product with it that people want anyways just with the advantage of having it in there…

but as for the lawn mower, i have less than 1/4 acer of property, so there is no need for me to have a gas mower, it sucks having gas in the garage that can get stagnant, then trying to pull start it like 20 times and your tired by the time it starts up lol. so i was thinking just using an electric mower and get the whole thing done by the time the prep work for the gas mower is done.

I have a few ideas for it but we’ll see how that goes. I need to find a high RPM motor for it. and then build a simple platform with wheels and guards. not the hardest thing in the world to build…

at least though it would give me a good learning experience with it all in prep for the bike, since it will end up essentially being the same setup just on its side and a bit more powerful.

“cut ME a good deal on it.” Haha. What a difference a little typo can make. One way makes me all for being greedy and the other makes me look cheap. :slight_smile: That’s what I get for trying to sneak in quick posts with no proofing.

Cheers

lol its cool, dont worry about it. as soon as i get my medium and big versions going well then i will definately start to get some out there for you guys to test out :wink: