Help ! I need to know what components are inside a charging station

Hi guys,

I am a student studying Product design at the University of Derby. I am currently in the process of designing a electric charging station for EV’s suitable for outdoor commercial use.

I have looked through a lot of sites on the internet and asked a couple of experts but I can’t seem to find out what components there are in a typical charging station.

I urgently need some answers to this question and any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys for your help and I look forward to hearing from you

EV charging station including

1. Electronical controler that communicate with the car and control the all
    charging process.
  2. Relay
  3. wires:D
  4. Connector (to connect the car)
  5. Circuit breaker and Residual-current device (according the law here the station have to include them)

I hope that I help you

[QUOTE=Shimonariev;11082]EV charging station including

1. Electronical controler that communicate with the car and control the all
    charging process.
  2. Relay
  3. wires:D
  4. Connector (to connect the car)
  5. Circuit breaker and Residual-current device (according the law here the station have to include them)

I hope that I help you[/QUOTE]

Thank yo very much !!!:smiley:

depending on if that charging station is free or not it should have or don’t some kind of paying service, credit card and/or cash terminal, relay, and it might be without any communication to car controller, because of no standards of what I would know to be unified for all electric cars to control charging, so it might be simple 1 or 3 phase supply station, and all protections would be managed by charger inside of car.