Help! Gem Fault code maybe?

I’m having pretty much the same problem. My 2002 Gem Car sat for two years with dead batteries. I just replaced them with new batteries and now get a slowly blinking RED LED light when it is on charge with the master switch turned on… When charger is unplugged the LED goes out and I get a -4 Error Code. ???

If the batteries are new off the shelf, they might be below the threshold for the charger to kick on, try individual charging of each battery first. -4 error code is for the e-brake on warning.

That’s what it’s supposed to do. Leave it plugged in and it’ll eventually switch to a flashing yellow LED (absorption charge) and then to a green LED (fully charged). Assuming you replaced the batteries with the same type and you have the Zivan charger - it looks like it’s normal to me.

-04 with the key on means the parking brake is still set.

Thanks. You know your stuff. I left it plugged in and it charged right up in about two hours. I took it for a short ride and ran the power level down to 80% and plugged it in again. Now I get a faster flashing (About 3 per second) red LED and a beep along with the light. Is that a problem?
Ken

I’m really showing my in-experience now. I just realized that I had the Master Switch off. I turned it on and it went into the normal charging status. Thanks again.
Ken

All of the charger and controller error codes are listed in the “sticky” threads.