I have had a 2001 4 pass. Gem car for about two years now with no issues. It has Gel batteries and now it seems not to want to charge. I plug in the car as directed when it goes below 90% but now the green charging light goes on for about twenty seconds then it changes to a code of four flashing red lights.

The manual says this is standard when the E break is on so, if I am understanding this correctly the charger seems to be dropping out with nothing else wrong with the system. Am I looking at a charger replacement or something else? If so which charger is best to use?

Thank you all in advance for any advice you might offer.

Quincy.

Is it the Orignal Zivan charger? They tend to give up the ghost around this time. Very few Orignal non rebuilt chargers out their now. Elcon in Sacramento rebuilds them for around $175 and a 3-4 week turn around. Or you can buy a aftermarket Quick Charge for around $400 and have it in a day or 2 and then sell your rebuilt Zivan after your get it back from Elcon

Thank you for the reply Gwest. I do not know if it is the original charger yet. Is there anything else it might be before I order a replacement? If I do decide to replace rather than rebuild is there one new charger that is better than the others?

Code 4 can be ac power problem in Gem specific DQ charger.

https://delta-q.com/support/#manual3a

I would call electric conversions and explain your error code or beeps to them and they can let you know here is their phone number

(916) 441-4161

Ps what I have done in the past is I’ve gone on eBay and bought a reconditioned’ Zivan charger and then send my old charger in for rebuild and when it gets back ( sometimes months later ) I just put it on eBay and resell it. Sometimes you can buy low and sell high