Heater

I bought a ROADPRO 12v electric heater… the specs are:
voltage 12-14 volts DC
heat current 22-25 amps
cool current .045 amps
pulse start amp curent <28 amps
ptc element 300 watts

because I don’t understand these numbers and am wondering what this will do… I plan to draw the power from my fuse box… am sure runniny it for a long period will diminish my mileage… think it won’t take much to heat my eS (truckette)… know you all can help me

there should be a jpg attached

Bob

It won’t work. The 12 volt DC/DC convertor is not made to power a heater. The factory heaters are 72 volt and draw from the batteries. These factory heaters run the batteries down fast. My advice is to just dress warmer.

Daniel

it sells itself as a heater that can run directly from the battery… I plan on running it off the 12v side of my cars system thru the fuse system… just like the lights or horn

Bob

Again,it won’t work. The 22 to 25 amps this heater draws plus the GEM’s other 12 volt loads will overload the DC/DC convertor. You will need a larger DC convertor.

Daniel

OK that’s what I need to know… it says it would run directly off the battery… maybe I’ll go to plan ‘B’ and add another battery to the car and put a plug to a trickle charger… it will just run the heater only

I have had heated seats in the car for more than a year and haven’t run the wires… when the upholstery guy had wired them to the pack… I had undone that … today we added an extra fuse block under the hood and reconnected the seats thru that… a warm butt and back is not bad…

Bob

If a heater is desired, go buy a 72V heater.

Defrost vent, Golf Cart heater,Cabin Heater, direct current | DC Thermal Website
12 - 72 volt heaters www.boatandrvaccessories.com

[quote=GEMmechanic;17438]It won’t work. The 12 volt DC/DC convertor is not made to power a heater. The factory heaters are 72 volt and draw from the batteries. These factory heaters run the batteries down fast. My advice is to just dress warmer.

Daniel[/quote]

I agree with DANIEL.

thanks Brent… I’ve seen these… the price out weighs the need for warmth at this time… the next question would be amperage… guessing between 20-40… probably not more… lastly the mounting… where and how

Bob