Headlight Issue (Wiring)

2002 e825

I was previously having issues with only one of my two head lights turning on; removed the lights and tested them outside of the cart, and they work fine. Now neither headlight will turn on.
Tail lights, brake lights, and turn signals work fine.

I believe the issue is in the Headlight Assembly Harness, however I’m unsure if I should replace the whole harness, or try and just replace the wiring for the headlights.

Thanks in advance for any insight or advice from similar experiences.

Replacement part I think I need:
0106-00290 ASSY, HARNESS HEADLIGHT

I found that the molex connector on the harness is undersized for the halogen lights and with very little corrosion will cause it to fail or burn up. I have replaced mine with weatherpak connectors instead as they will last forever and carry more current.

[quote=Crafish19;29079]2002 e825

I was previously having issues with only one of my two head lights turning on; removed the lights and tested them outside of the cart, and they work fine. Now neither headlight will turn on.
Tail lights, brake lights, and turn signals work fine.

I believe the issue is in the Headlight Assembly Harness, however I’m unsure if I should replace the whole harness, or try and just replace the wiring for the headlights.

Thanks in advance for any insight or advice from similar experiences.

Replacement part I think I need:
0106-00290 ASSY, HARNESS HEADLIGHT[/quote]

Thanks IssaquahWA1979, that sounds like it’s probably the culprit. Can you confirm exactly which molex connector you relaced - the one from the Headlight/Blinker Harness, or another connector located elsewhere?

Thanks again, I really appreciate the insight!

Check the one at the base of the hood.

yup the one that was melted was the one that is for allowing the hood to be removed…

Thank you IssaquahWA1979 and OLD HOUSEBOATER.

You were right, the molex connector was fried and I replaced it with a weatherpack tonight. Everything works great!

Ask and ye shall receive…thanks again!