Group Purchase? Lithium Batteries

MY 1st Q is - why would anyone WANT a TS battery ???
any body looked at the specs ?
the only thing i can think of is price, price, price, and nothing else matters.
Of course, if your building the cheapest EV around, you’ll want the cheapest battery around.

Shanghai Ieehoo International CO.LTD. is located in the beautiful Hi-Tech Zone of Nanhui in Shanghai With the world-class production equipment, a total investment of 100 million and a floor area of 120 Mu, they try to build Ieehoo the largest lithium iron phosphate power battery production base in China. And with the entry of some famous experts they have built a strong team which is aimed at the research and development of lithium iron phosphate power battery and have made the production industrialized firstly. The research use lithium iron phosphate as the new generation of anode material in lithium-ion battery was started from the late 1990s. The lithium iron phosphate battery will lead automobile industry to a new green age and replace the lead acid storage battery and nickel-metal hydride battery. “Green home, hi-quality life.” that is our aim and ideal; “unity, cooperation, practicality, innovation” is our spirit; "human-oriented, customer and market centered " is our principle; environment-friendly, safe and reliable lithium iron phosphate power battery is our product.

…more information please contact with Us ,we very happy to service you ,thanks !
Mail: sale@ieehoo.com
Our website : http://www.ieehoo.com
:):):slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Powered By DC;4419]I order about once a month and without getting a quote I would guess about $1600 Plus shipping[/QUOTE]

Balancing and BMS are key to the life and performance of the battery dsnt matter where you get it. Also with LifePO just like LIon must be boxed in solid form to minimize the chance of bulging and killing the battery so you can not throw them on te back seat hook up the wire to the motor like that dude with the civic LOL … sorry but his setup is really questionable to say the least

If anyting Powered By DC Offer is dandy and if anyting would make sense to all of us. I have made previous conversions using LeadAcid Gel type with great success but weight and space is a huge restriction and few month after the conversion i can say it is worth the extra bucks. Currently running a VW with 12x12V + Auxiliary on Auto transmission with Alternator and Powersteering+brakes and Ceramic heater.

Now not sure how many of the LifePO and at what rating do I need to have a system running 144Volts driving a Yaris hatchback range would be 60 to 100 miles… any help would be great…

regerative breaking would also extend charge anyone had looked into it?

Please include some calculations for better understanding.

On Thundersky batteries and a new motor controller.

Hi Readers,

I am a newbee here, but not in EV’s.

I drove since the year 2000 some 16000 km in my Audi 100 (three of them in the world, made by Audi and Siemens) in Holland and Italy and some years ago started problems with the motor controller and I can’t fix it. Just too old and cumbersome (prototype, service too far from home). Also the lead batteries are gone and the charger too, so I can practically start from zero and can be free to decide the specs.

The batteries are now 19 x 12 Volts lead batteries (70 Ah), so if the group purchase for Thundersky is still at hand, I can be interested. Also in more than the original capacity of about 15 kWh.

Reading some resources, I am now doubting if AC high voltage (which I had) is the best choice. It is surely the more expensive one. Do you, Reader, think that DC at medium voltage could be the better choice to rebuild my Audi 100?

Thanks,

Norbert

I’m interested in purchasing these batteries by the summer. I’ll need 48 400AH cells for my conversion. so that’s 19,200AH

Actually, their website claims the discharge and recharge current to be less than or equal to 3C continuous (or about 20 minutes for a full charge), which is better than most Li-ion batteries I’ve seen.

[QUOTE=greenhornet;5452]MY 1st Q is - why would anyone WANT a TS battery ???
any body looked at the specs ?
the only thing i can think of is price, price, price, and nothing else matters.
Of course, if your building the cheapest EV around, you’ll want the cheapest battery around.[/QUOTE]

Actually, their website claims the discharge and recharge current to be less than or equal to 3C continuous (or about 20 minutes for a full charge), which is better than most Li-ion batteries I’ve seen.

[QUOTE=Papapew;6361]I’m interested in purchasing these batteries by the summer. I’ll need 48 400AH cells for my conversion. so that’s 19,200AH[/QUOTE]

yeah in parallel, but what are you going to do with a 3 volt system? in series the dont multiply the ah

Edit. oh discount count, right forgot sorry

So, how many people here are[I] actually serious[/I] about getting some sky energy cells, and when ?
let me know

I would love to do a group purchase, but I have a very basic question first.

What is the current price on these batteries? Has it changed since 2007 when this thread started? :slight_smile: (I hope… a little… at least :slight_smile: )

It seems to be exceedingly difficult to get a price for lithium batteries online. Anyone have an actual online source for lithium batteries that lists their prices on the webpage?

The cheepest I’ve found is EVComponents.com at $1.10 per AmpHour. I have not order from them so no nothing about there service. I am building an electric GoKart to get me started in the EV world an will be ordering some smaller cells from them to see how thing work out.

http://www.evcomponents.com

Yes, $1.10 / Ah is the rate, FOB china, for Sky Energy cells ONLY
I can get them any time, no bulk order needed
Electric bike hub motors, LiFepo4 batteries, regen controllers, electric scooters

Hello. I am Jeffrey. New to this group. I have a 2002 Gem Car with probably 1 yr left on Trojan batteries. I am in LA, CA. I would like to convert to LITHIUM batteries within the next year. Anybody who has done this already, I would appreciate any help. I believe I have the non-user programmable Zivan Charger. ANY INFO/HELP APPRECIATED!

Zivan will reprogram your charger for less than $150

Thanks for the info

Thanks for your nice post to teach us more in this field. After reading on here, we can learn more in this topic.

You’d better check out your drone before choosing appropriated battery

Lipo4 Chinese junk is not dependable as I used it for many years with failures, and designed
the first Tesla battery using the Panasonic 1850 cells. I now sell brand new Volt Lithium Manganese
3.7vdc cell batteries in 48vdc modules 50ah for $580.00. The module has a socket for the BMS making it real easy to connect to any BMS system. If you want good batteries that will last longer than anything on the
market, look at what the EV manufacturers use, not Lip04 3.2vdc. Contact me at cruisin@live.com

What would I need for a Think?… recommended BMS, how many modules, will the Delta Q charger work?