Group Purchase? Lithium Batteries

I am interested in purchasing 52 TS-LFP90AHA for my new Electric conversion. I am in Orlando FL

Any news on this? Iā€™m going to start working on my conversion within a few weeks, ideally Iā€™d like the batteries in less than 3-4 months, the earlier the better

Craig,

Do you know what happened to this thread/buy? Itā€™s really ground to a halt. Iā€™m working on getting accurate info about importing and shipping to ā€˜hopefullyā€™ get another group buy started. Betwene myself and a couple others that arenā€™t posting we have about 40kAh and want to be absolutely sure about some more things before ordering. Weā€™re aiming at a purchase first thing in 2009 so it might be too late for you though. Sorry.

SOrry i have been out of the game for a while. College has deffinantly sucked up all of my money! Although I do feel proud that I snagged me a zilla controller! Since I have almost no money I am going to be waiting a long while before buying batteries also hoping that something new will come out (it could happen people!:p) So anyways I will consider a group buy again but a long time down the road.

-LEif

[QUOTE=kkjensen;3298]Craig,

Do you know what happened to this thread/buy? Itā€™s really ground to a halt. Iā€™m working on getting accurate info about importing and shipping to ā€˜hopefullyā€™ get another group buy started. Betwene myself and a couple others that arenā€™t posting we have about 40kAh and want to be absolutely sure about some more things before ordering. Weā€™re aiming at a purchase first thing in 2009 so it might be too late for you though. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

Thatā€™s most likely too late since Iā€™d like the car to be road-worthy by early december (and judging by the speed of the swiss administration, itā€™s gonna have to be finished a long time before that ^^), but Iā€™d be interested in knowing where youā€™re getting your batteries from, to see if I can purchase some just for myself, or get this group order back up, who knows

//edit: @Leif: Is it still possible to order from that supplier? Or, alternatively, do you know of any better ones? If so, Iā€™d like to re-motivate people to buy batteries, theyā€™re very expensive without the discount =/

We can buy toogrther
regards

Thunder sky batteries were a disappointment for a group that purchased them approx one year ago. That group will not purchase TS again. I donā€™t have anything against TS this is what I solicited from a guy who group purchased them a while back. They may have gotten better by now.
Just saying what I heard about this particular corporation. Ray

Iā€™m in for 45 200AH LFP cells if we get to the 1,000,000AH 40% discount

Also considering 96 90AH or 160AH cells if we get to the 40% discount

So is this group buy still going on? Iā€™m looking for about 50 200AH cells.
Which supplier is under consideration?
And if Lectrol isnā€™t running this anymore does anyone want to step up to the plate?

Hey guys, I am new here first post my name is Dave and I recently started a conversion company called Powered by Dc. I have already established a relationship with thunder sky and would be more than willing to assist with a group purchase. I get much better prices than any of the dealers are offering under $300 for the 200AH cells. Anyone that is interested feel free to post here or email me directly

For an order of 40 batteries of the 160 ah size, they quoted me $240 / battery. thatā€™s $9600 for a 23,680 watt/hr pack at 148v.

[QUOTE=Powered By DC;3730]Hey guys, I am new here first post my name is Dave and I recently started a conversion company called Powered by Dc. I have already established a relationship with thunder sky and would be more than willing to assist with a group purchase. I get much better prices than any of the dealers are offering under $300 for the 200AH cells. Anyone that is interested feel free to post here or email me directly[/QUOTE]
Dave what are prices on the 90ah & 160ah TS batteries? You have peaked my interest.

Thanks,
Charlie

That was the price for the 160 ah battery - I did not ask about the 90ah, but it looks like the discount they will offer is 25% for that much volume.

Charlie, I sent you a PM but will post the info here as well so that everyone can see it. I am generally paying about $1.40 - $1.60 per AH for the orders I have placed. It depends on the amount I am purchasing and the relationship between the dollar and the yaun. I dont need a big group order to get those prices. If someone just wants to tack on a packs worth of cells the price wont change but we save some money in shipping. If we put together a bigger purchase Im sure the price would be lower
Dave

Hi,

I was wondering if you were still looking for people interested in the group
purchase? I will be converting in the next few months and am interested in
the Li batteries.

thanks
Mike

How are your experiences with thundersky batteries? Iā€™ve heard they have
poor quality.

I just offered to arrange a group buy if there is interest, i already purchase about once every month or two and if anyone just wants to tag on a packs worth Im fine with that. It takes about 2 month too get them so take that into account when you are planning your conversion. As far as quality goes I have nothing bad to say about them, I know there was some issues with their older batteries but I havent heard anything bad about these newer ones and I havent had any problems with them.
thanks
dave

I am in NY and I am looking to buy 20-25 40Ah batteries, When do you make your orders Powered by DC and what kind of price tag would I be looking at with you.

I order about once a month and without getting a quote I would guess about $1600 Plus shipping

Iā€™m getting started on an MR2 conversion, and would like to get in on a group purchase of Thunderskys. Iā€™m thinking of 40 x 160 Ah. What kind of charger would I need?

Bill