Ground effect car!

Hello !

I have sketched a fully functioning carlike vehicle. I designed a car first but got no funding for it.

This “flying car” is using the ground effect to become “weightless” and thus using no tyres at speeds above 50 km/h.

Is anyone interested of something like this ?

Happy New Year everyone !

rgds,

Juke

Hmmm

I guess I would be interested in knowing how you would control it in the operational confines imposed by the objects that we maneuver around when normally in contact with the ground.

In actuality, a ground effects machine, is in effect ,a low flying airplane. While vertical control is restricted, horizontal control is similar.

Hello !

It would be a 4 wheel car ( not ordinary looking ).

Using gyros would make it very ordinary like car in drive mode.

Braking via spoiler ( aka elevator ), reverse and wheel brakes…brakes much faster than a normal car ( super safe ).

rgds,

Juke

PS: A bit like the land speeder in SW.

Can you handle the weight of the gyroscopic equipment and stay within the envelope size of a present day automobile: while retaining ground effect performance at a speed of 50 MPH?

Can you do this in a pure EV configuration?

We would like to see your concept sketches and Engineering calculations.

Do you expect any insurmountable regulatory hurdles? What is your current Timeline?

Is Mr. Buffet a potential backer? Are you working with Mr. Musk?

[quote=OLD HOUSEBOATER;28578]Can you handle the weight of the gyroscopic equipment and stay within the envelope size of a present day automobile: while retaining ground effect performance at a speed of 50 MPH?

Can you do this in a pure EV configuration?

We would like to see your concept sketches and Engineering calculations.

Do you expect any insurmountable regulatory hurdles? What is your current Timeline?

Is Mr. Buffet a potential backer? Are you working with Mr. Musk?[/quote]

Hello Old Houseboater !

As it is being tested next as a R/C model and it has not been patented I cannot really tell much more.

Yes it is car sized, but just a one seater 1650 mm x 3600 mm.

It can do 50 mph, but becomes an aeroplane after that.

Mr.Buffet and Elon Musk are not involved, but they could be if they wish.

Schedule is not tight. It actually came to me one night as I was doing another invention regarding efficient VAWT ( wind turbine ). I tested the wing of the VAWT and discovered that it actually howers above a flat surface when given some AOA and speed.

I think it looks very cool…and yes it runs on electric all the way…it wouldn’t even work as a combustion design as it would mess up the CG.

Some rudimentary calculations were done in order to define the speed range and size needed. One seater range is 1 hr 20 min using 10 lead batteries of 65 Ahr.

Gyros are almost microscopic in size and servos a bit bigger with actuators. My model will run as an “aeroplane” with 3 axis control.

rgds,

Juke

Outstanding! Cant wait to get on the list.

Just want to inform that it is propeller driven…and comes with ski/floats for lake/ice/snow covered surfaces ( instead of the 600 mm dia main wheels ). The mains ( wheels ) are fully shock absorbed and rear wheels with springs ( for time being ).

Driving one does not require any kinda certificate or lisence ( apparently off road ). It is considered a light motorized boat by the law. I have to check if it the law allows it to be driven on the roads as well ( like snowmobiles sometimes do ).

Yes and you will the first in list as it comes up to the market place…thanks for the confidence.